Sailing With Sora

Terry and Karen circumnavigating the globe currently in Phuket, Thailand. Will remain in the area for a refit and some road trips around Asia for a year or so.

09 December 2010
02 March 2009 | Phuket
02 March 2009 | `Phuket
23 February 2009 | Andaman Sea
19 February 2009 | Bangkok
06 February 2009 | Thailand
24 December 2008 | Langkawi, Malaysia
09 December 2008 | Penang
06 December 2008 | Penang
02 December 2008 | Penang
29 November 2008 | Kuhla Lumpur
25 November 2008 | The Straits of Melaka
15 November 2008 | Johor Bahru
02 November 2008 | Singapore
17 October 2008 | Kumai
10 October 2008 | Borneo (Kalimantan)
09 October 2008 | Borneo
03 October 2008 | Kangean
28 September 2008 | Return to Lovina
28 September 2008 | Cruise to Lombok

Christmas in Heaven

24 December 2008 | Langkawi, Malaysia
Karen
Are you on your way to heaven? Am I? Are any of us? Is there even a "Heaven"? Who knows - no definite answer! So I'm creating and enjoying my idea of heaven right here in Langkawi.

We arrived in the Northernmost islands of Malaysia a few days ago and have enjoyed perfect weather with fresh breezes on hot days and cool nights. The local folks who work here at our tiny marina/resort island of Rebak are the kindest, most welcoming people we've encountered in our 2 1/2 years of cruising. There are jagged mountains and ridges of more ranges extending to the horizon, gorgeous foliage, insects and rare birds singing at sunrise and sunset, a profusion of blooming flowers and bushes, beautifully cool pool and Caribbean - clean water, and almost white sand beaches beaches for us to lounge upon at sunset.

There is an employee restaurant and bar which welcomes cruisers at very realistic prices and all the normal amenities offered us at most marinas. So Terry is creeping around the rain forests trying to catch pairs of toucans or monitor lizards to photograph in their natural habit with his new camera while I do Pilates or yoga with other sailors, some of which have lived here for more than 3 years because this area is so conducive to cruising life.

Were it not for the fact that we have friends awaiting our arrival in Phuket for New Year's and our months of boat maintenance/upgrade/repair, I could live here for years too!

Happy Holidays to you all - we hope you feel as if you too, are living your idea of heaven right at this moment. Cheers and Best Wishes from Sora, KK

Comments
Vessel Name: Sora
Vessel Make/Model: Tayana 55' Ketch
Hailing Port: Pensacola Beach, FL
Crew: Terry & Karen Kreitzberg
About: Terry Kreitzberg is retired and he and his wife are in the process of a circumnavigation. Not in any hurry, will sail till the wheels come off.

Who are we, and just what do we think we're doing?

Who: Terry & Karen Kreitzberg
Port: Pensacola Beach, FL