Star Rover

BCC #65

08 July 2010
01 July 2010
01 July 2010
29 June 2010
29 June 2010
21 June 2010
19 June 2010 | Haro Strait
16 June 2010
15 June 2010 | Saltspring Island, BC
03 August 2009
02 August 2009
02 August 2009
02 August 2009

About us and this blog

09 April 2009
Heidi
Neither of us grew up sailing, but Rich has always been drawn to the ocean and has dreamed of sailing for years. As novices we have had a steep learning curve to break us in. There is so much to know and it felt like we had to know it all right now! Before buying Star Rover we took classes, read sailing books, chartered boats and talked to as many people as possible to learn whatever we could.
The main reason for this blog is that I felt that the world just needed one more blog and that my opinions were so darned groundbreaking and interesting that I owed it to the world to share them (would someone please invent a [Ctrl+Alt+Sarcasm] button so that I could simply highlight and insert sarcasm into a sentence instead of saying "hey, I was being sarcastic just there, in that last sentence, in case you didn't catch it and think I'm a total jerk"). Actually, I just wanted a place to share our pictures and our travels with friends and family more easily. Also, if you are new to sailing and you have questions we might have answers or, more likely, be able to direct you to someone who does. I sometimes feel like we are reinventing the wheel and that doesn't seem necessary with all of the knowledge out there. That can be the problem sometimes, that so many people know the right way to do things and there are 20 different ways it could be done. So, whenever we are able to get input from other sailors, it is invaluable. Please feel free to share your ideas with us here.
For other Bristol Channel Cutter fans out there, our boat was previously named Bucephalus and Devon. We are really grateful to all of the previous owners who meticulously cared for this boat.
Comments
Vessel Name: Star Rover
Vessel Make/Model: Bristol Channel Cutter #65
Hailing Port: Bainbridge Island, WA
Crew: Richard and Heidi

Star Rover

Who: Richard and Heidi
Port: Bainbridge Island, WA