Steen Rally

Follow us on our sailing adventure from France to Australia

30 December 2015 | Sydney
29 July 2015 | Sydney
15 January 2015 | Sydney
22 December 2014 | Sydney
21 November 2014 | Cairns, Australia
02 November 2014 | Cairns, Australia
21 October 2014 | Port Vila, Vanuatu
01 October 2014 | Fiji
20 September 2014 | Fiji
08 September 2014 | Fiji
24 July 2014 | Neiafu, Tonga
06 July 2014 | Tahaa. French Polynesia
23 June 2014 | Moorea
23 June 2014 | Moorea
15 June 2014 | Papeete, Tahiti
14 May 2014 | Marquesas, French Polynesia

Doing the Charleston

03 June 2013 | Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
Voahangy
Charleston, Oct 24-Nov 2, 2012

Gone With the Wind (GWTW). My absolute favourite movie since I saw it when I was a teenager. Everything about it was epic: being shown in its original version on French TV, the full uninterrupted 3 1/2 hours ( super lengthy films like Harry Potter didn't exist back then), romance ( Scarlett & Rhett, Ahhhh, why oh why couldn't they make it work???), tragedy, comedy, history , ...the costumes and most importantly the sets. I am sure my interest in American History started then. Most of the movie takes place in Atlanta and plantation Tara (actually it was shot in Hollywood, but the illusion worked for me, and it has always made me want to visit Georgia), with small reference to the coastal towns of Charleston and Savannah. The former was Rhett's home town and the latter saved from the flames from General Sherman during the Civil war for being too beautiful to burn! So while visiting inland Atlanta was out of bounds, stopping off in the Lowcountry cities was a must on my list. Terry, who doesn't like the movie (can't stand the characters, thinks she's an obnoxious manipulative b***h and he's plain arrogant. All true!) wasn't so keen on these side trips but Mother Nature connived with me. With Hurricane Sandy threatening further south, shortly after our departure from Annapolis, we were "forced" to find shelter in Charleston.

The harbour entrance is quite wide and easy to navigate, and as we sailed past Fort Sumter where the Civil War is said to have begun, the city appeared on the horizon, easily recognisable with its church-filled skyline. Charleston sits at the end of a peninsula, with a few good marinas to choose from. It must be noted that none of them are within walking distance to downtown, however they all offer a courtesy shuttle service, so it's a matter of deciding which side of town you prefer. We headed north, to Charleston Harbor Resort and Marina, after reading good reviews and being offered a discount (every bit helps!). It’s located across the Cooper river, overlooking the city which is 15mn away thanks to the hourly shuttle. The facilities include a swimming pool, which was great for Anne as it was quite a warm day when we arrived. Of particular interest to Terry was the adjoining Patriot Point Naval and Maritime Museum, with the aircraft carrier USS Yorktown and a couple of other ships on display.

Charleston was founded in 1670, after Charles II of England granted vast tracts of land in the New World to 8 Lords Proprietors as a gift for their loyalty. Some of them had lived in and prospered in Barbados owning plantations, and convinced their associates to replicate a similar society using slaves. Over the years more colonists and their slaves came, putting thousands of acres under cultivation with rice, indigo and cotton. A wave of wealth followed, producing a small thriving "gentry" living in a state of affluence and refinement. By the end of the 1800's, the city had the highest per-capita wealth among whites and the largest number of enslaved blacks in the USA. It became a melting pot of religious and ethnic diversity, attracting migrants from Europe as well as the ports trading partners in the Bermuda and the Caribbean’s. Economically powerful, Charleston resisted England during the Revolutionary war and unsurprisingly became the first state to secede from the union after Abraham Lincoln was elected president. We all know the unfavourable outcome of the Civil War on the city and its subsequent decline (for those of you who don't there are hundreds of historical websites on the internet, and for sheer entertainment you can always watch GWTW...), but fast forward to the 20th century and the influx of tourism, and Charleston is on everyone's list as the most intact colonial city in America. A lot of cruising friends certainly recommended it as a worthwhile stop, so armed with dozens of brochures, I started to formulate a plan.

I tell you, the choice of activities is mind-boggling for a town that size: from city walking tours, to plantations visits, wineries, museums, antique malls, fitness parks, shops, and restaurants...Marc bailed out from the start, declaring he had too much school work to wander around old houses. I tried to lure him with the prospect of a Ghost Hunt of the Old City Jail or even a walking movie tour, but nope, he'd guard the boat for us instead.

A plantation visit was high on my list, and since the largest and most popular ones are a fair way out of town, I initially organised a car to drive there. But that was forgetting there was a storm out there, and while Sandy passed us a good 300 kilometres offshore, we still felt strong winds and a lot of rain. Terry thought it more prudent to stay and watch the boat, Anne said she'd rather go to the South Carolina Aquarium and see its Madagascar exhibition instead, so you guessed it: no plantations!

We did spend a whole day walking around the very well preserved historic district, passing beautiful churches, horse drawn carriages (full of tourists), many homes of grand colonial design ( temporarily open to the public during the Fall Tours of Homes and Gardens, an event hosted by the Preservation Society of Charleston), and open air markets. This week happened to be Halloween, and some of the residents went to town decorating their homes with gruesome skeletons hanging off the balconies, or fake-chopped arms sticking out of windows, reaching out for unaware passers-by...all to the delight of Anne, who wished she had worn her witch costume! What blew me away however was the shopping precinct spreading out from the old city market: unusual knick-knacks, typical sweetgrass baskets woven by African American women, gorgeous antiques, historical book shops and my personal favourites, kitchenware and gourmet shops. I managed to spend 2 hours and a few dollars in a store called Charleston Cooks!, trying to crash into one of their " Taste of the Low Country" class held in their test kitchen.

I completely forgot about museums and galleries afterwards, and decided to experience the Low Country lifestyle a way closer to my heart, thru its cuisine. The night we arrived we had dinner at the marina lounge, the Reel Bar, where I tasted Shrimps and Grits for the first time. What are grits, I hear you ask? It's ground corn that has been mashed, a bit like polenta, though you'll be shot down in flames in Charleston for calling it that! A staple of the local diet, it features on every restaurant’s menu, served mainly with juicy South Carolina shrimps and various additions like sausages, cheese, spinach...depending on the cook. If and when I start a food blog I'll tell you more about it, but let's just say that I've become obsessed with it and other Low Country dishes. So much so that I took Anne along for a Culinary Tour of Charleston: a whole afternoon spent walking around town, sampling local from 4 or 5 venues: grits, sweet potato cakes and iced tea from Dixies, BBQ pork and collard greens from Nick's BBQ, fudge and pralines from River Street Sweets... Anne loved the food and was a trooper with the walking. Of course it was extremely filling, and when Terry and Marc joined us for a seafood dinner at A.W Shuck’s that night all I could manage was a plate of oysters and a bowl of she-crab soup!

It turns out Charleston is a real foodie destination. Which was a blessing, because besides touring the historical district and the old homes, there was not much else to do. The city itself is very quiet, and apart from the crowds coming out of the cruise ships, we often wondered if any locals lived here. But come dinner time, it seems all of Charleston is out. I have never seen so many full restaurants (except in NYC), and I mean “proper” sit-down restaurants, not the average chain-style (fast food or otherwise). Had it not been for Sandy, we would have eaten out every day. However once the storm passed us by, the wind picked up even more (I know, weird right?) and the temperature dropped to near freezing. That meant a few days spent cooped on the boat, the kids busy with school work and me experimenting with newly found ingredients: river shrimps, pecan nuts, Carolina duck, grits…inspired by the delicious meals we sampled in town. I finally realised why it’s called comfort food.

And it’s not just the food. The whole place surprisingly grows on you with everybody being … well, nice! We will remember Charleston as a delightful town to hang out where you will never go hungry!!

Charleston, 24 Octobre au 2 Novembre 2012

Autant en emporte le vent. C’est mon film favori depuis mon adolescence. Tout y est épique : le fait qu’il était diffuse en V.O a la télé française, les 3 heures ½ ininterrompues (une rareté à l’époque, Harry Potter n’était pas encore sorti), un amour impossible (oh, Scarlett & Rhett, pourquoi ça n’a jamais marche entre vous ??), tragédie à tous les tournants, comédie, histoire…les costumes et surtout les décors. C’est à cette période-là que j’ai commencé à m’intéresser a l’histoire américaine, j’en suis sure. Une grande partie du film se déroule à Atlanta et à la plantation de Tara (en fait, le tournage s’est fait à Hollywood, mais l’illusion a tellement bien fonctionné, que c’a ma toujours envie de visiter la Géorgie aux USA), avec quelques références aux villes portuaires de Charleston et Savannah. La première était la ville de Rhett dans le film, et la seconde fut épargnée par le General Sherman pendant la guerre civile, après avoir été déclarée « trop belle pour la bruler » ! Puisqu’une visite dans l’intérieur à Atlanta était hors de question, une escale dans les villes de la Terre Basse figurait au sommet de ma liste. Terry, qui n’aime pas le film (il ne supporte ni Scarlett ni Rhett, jugeant l’une une manipulatrice insupportable et l’autre tout simplement arrogant. Ce qui est vrai !), n’était pas très chaud pour faire étape, mais la Nature s’est mis de connivence avec moi. Menaces par la tempête Sandy plus au sud, après notre départ d’Annapolis, on a été « obliges » de trouver refuge à Charleston.

L’entrée de la baie est assez large et facile d’accès, et une fois passes devant Fort Sumter ou la guerre civile a commencé, la ville est apparue à l’horizon, impossible de se méprendre grâce à la silhouette des clochers d’églises. Charleston est située au bout d’une péninsule, offrant un bon choix de marinas. Il faut préciser qu’aucunes ne sont proches de la ville, cependant toutes offrent un service de navette gratuites, il suffit donc de choisir quel cote de la ville on préfère. On s’est dirigés côte nord, ayant choisi la Charleston Harbour Resort et Marina, après avoir lu quelques impressions positives et une offre spéciale (ça aide beaucoup !). Elle se trouve de l’autre cote de Cooper River, avec vue sur la ville, qui n’est qu’à ¼ heure en navette. Les installations comprennent une piscine, au grand plaisir d’Anne car il faisait assez chaud le jour de notre arrivée. Quant à Terry, il a trouvé ce qui lui plait juste a cote, avec le Musee de la Marine a Patriot Point, qui expose le porte-avion USS Yorktown et quelques autres bateaux de guerre.

Charleston a été fondee en 1670, lorsque Charles II d’Angleterre accorda de vastes parcelles de terre dans le Nouveau Monde a 8 membres de la haute noblesse, pour les remercier de leur loyauté. Certains d’entre eux, ayant vécu et fait fortune aux iles Barbade en tant que propriétaires de plantations, convainquirent leurs collègues de reproduire un système de société similaire en utilisant des esclaves. Au fil des ans plus de colons et leurs esclaves sont arrivés, exploitant des milliers d’hectares de cultures de riz, d’indigo et de coton. Une vague de prospérité suivit, donnant naissance à une florissante noblesse terrienne au train de vie grandiose et raffine. A la fin du 19e siècle, la ville possédait les plus riches individus (blancs) des Etats-Unis ainsi que le plus grand nombre d’esclaves (noirs). On y trouvait un véritable mélange de cultures, religieuses et ethniques, grâce aux immigrants venus d’Europe ainsi que d’autres comptoirs commerciaux comme les Bermudes et les Antilles. Une puissance économique, Charleston a résisté aux Anglais pendant la Guerre d’Indépendance et la caroline du Sud fut le premier Etat à faire sécession avec l’Union quand Abraham Lincoln fut élu président. Tout le monde connait les désastreuses conséquences de la Guerre de Sécession sur la ville et son déclin par la suite (pour ceux que ça intéresse, il y a des centaines de sites d’histoire sur le net, et pour vous divertir, il y a toujours Autant en Emporte le Vent !), mais passons au 20e siècle et l’afflux du tourisme, et Charleston est maintenant une destination prisée comme la ville coloniale la mieux préservée des Etats- Unis. Pas mal d’amis navigateurs nous ayant conseillé d’y faire escale, c’est donc armée de brochures que j’ai commencé à élaborer un plan d’attaque.

Laissez-moi vous dire que pour une ville de taille moyenne, le choix d’activités est époustouflant : entre les randonnées en ville, visites guidées des plantations, vignobles, musées, magasins d’antiquités, parcs, boutiques et restaus…Marc s’est désisté dès le début, déclarant qu’il avait trop de devoirs à faire pour passer son temps à visiter des vieilles baraques. J’ai bien essaye de l’attirer avec une chasse aux fantômes dans la vielle prison ou même une visite de scènes de tournage, mais neni, il a décidé de garder le bateau.

J’avais envie de visiter au moins une plantation, et comme les plus belles sont loin de la ville, il a fallu organiser une location de voiture. Mais c’était sans compter sur la tempête au large, et bien que Sandy soit à 300 kilomètres de nous, on essuyait quand même beaucoup de vent et de pluie. Terry a joue la prudence et préféré garder un œil sur le bateau avec Marc, Anne a traine des pieds, demandant plutôt à visiter l’Aquarium de Caroline du Sud qui présentait une exposition sur Madagascar, donc vous avez deviné : pas de plantations !

On a quand même passe une très bonne journée à déambuler dans le quartier historique, très bien restore, avec ses belles églises, ses carrosses (pleins de touristes), beaucoup de grandes demeures remontant à l’époque coloniale (certaines sont ouvertes au public pendant le festival d’Automne des Maisons et Jardins, organise par la Preservation Society of Charleston), et les marches en plein air. Nous étions la semaine d’Halloween, et certains des habitants avaient mis le paquet en décorant leurs maisons de squelettes pendant des balcons, ou bien de faux-bras ensanglantes sortant de fenêtres pour attraper des passants insouciants…au la grande joie d’Anne, qui a regretté de ne pas porter son costume de sorcière ! Mais ce qui m’a épaté c’est le quartier des boutiques autour du vieux marche : des brocantes vendant des bric-à-brac insolites, des paniers en feuilles de palme tressées par des Africaines-Américaines, des antiques splendides, des librairies spécialisées dans l’histoire locale et mes préférées, des boutiques d’art de la table et épiceries. J’ai bien réussi à passer 2 heures et dépensé quelques dollars dans un magasin appelé Charleston Cooks !, essayant (en vain) de joindre une classe de cuisine ayant pour thème « Saveurs de la terre basse » qui se déroulait dans leur cuisine test.

Du coup, oublies les musées et les galeries, j’ai décidé de gouter à la vie dans le Lowcountry de la façon qui me plait le plus : à table !!! Le soir de notre arrivée, nous avons dine au Reel Bar à la marina, ou j’ai mangé pour la première fois un plat de Crevettes et gruau. Le gruau, c’est quoi ? C’est du mais moulu qu’on cuisine en purée, un peu comme la polenta, mais ne le comparez pas à la polenta ici au risque de vous faire allumer. Un aliment de base dans la région, tous les restaurants offrent leur version : servi généralement avec des crevettes locales bien juteuses, avec l’ajout de saucisses, fromage ou épinards…ca dépend du cuisinier(e). Le jour où je commencerais un blog de cuisine je m’étendrais plus sur le sujet, mais disons juste que ce plat est devenu une obsession ainsi que d’autres spécialités du Lowcountry. A tel point que je nous ai inscrites Anne et moi pour un Tour Culinaire de Charleston, une après-midi entière passée à nous balader dans la ville ponctuée par des arrêts dégustations dans 4 ou 5 établissements. Gruau, gâteau de patates douces et the glace chez Dixie’s, BBQ porc et blettes a Nick’s BBQ, caramels et pralines à River Street Sweets…Anne a adore la cuisine et ne s’est pas plaint une minute de marcher autant. Inutile de dire que nous étions repues, et quand Terry et Marc nous ont rejoints a A.W Shuck’s pour un diner de fruits de mer je n’ai commande que des huitres et un bol de soupe au crabe !

Charleston s’avère être une top destination pour les foodies. D’autant mieux, car à part la promenade dans le quartier historique et les visites de maisons anciennes, on en a vite fait le tour. La ville elle-même est très calme, à part la foule de touristes descendant des paquebots, on s’est d’ailleurs demande ou étaient les habitants. Il faut attendre la tombée de la nuit et là, on dirait que tout Charleston sort pour dîner. Je n’ai jamais vu autant de restaurants affichant complet (à part NYC), et je parle de restaus de bonne qualité, pas des chaines (fast food ou autres). Si ce n’était à cause de Sandy, on aurait dine a l’extérieur tous les soirs. Malheureusement, la tempête a laissé quelque séquelles, entre autre des vents encore plus violents (bizarre non ?) et des températures glaciales. Résultat, on s’est retrouve cloitres à bord pendant quelques jours, les enfants faisant l’école et moi expérimentant avec de nouveaux ingrédients : crevettes, noix de pecan, canard de Caroline, gruau…inspirée par les plats auxquels nous avons goute en ville. J’ai enfin compris pourquoi on appelle cela « comfort food ».

Mais Charleston ne doit pas son charme uniquement à ses bonnes tables. C’est une ville à laquelle on se fait, ou les gens sont aimables et gentils. Non seulement on ne risque pas d’y mourir de faim, mais la vie y est d’une infinie douceur !
Comments
Vessel Name: VOAHANGY
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 560
Hailing Port: Sydney
Crew: Terry, Voahangy, Marc, Anne Steen
About:
Terry, 71, skipper, ex-pilot, surfer, aerobatics champion, can fix anything, never sea sick, loves a beer, hates the cold, is happiest anchored off a deserted beach. [...]
VOAHANGY's Photos - Main
84 Photos
Created 20 November 2014
2 glorious months, cruising various parts of Fiji. So many different experiences in one country: lush rainforests, colourful indian towns, blue lagoons, traditional villages, great fishing, fancy resorts... And the best part was sharing the cruising with family and friends. Can't beat Fiji with company! Here is a collection of our favourite moments (and there are a few!!!)
1 Photo | 8 Sub-Albums
Created 12 October 2014
Some of the whales actions we witnessed in Tonga, to read with the Whales action post by Anne!
7 Photos
Created 1 October 2014
Whale watching, snorkelling, bonfires, making new friends...One of the most remote and austere destination, far away from big tourism, with friendly people holding on to their traditions. Weather a bit chilly, but who cares???
46 Photos
Created 10 September 2014
49 Photos
Created 25 July 2014
15 Photos
Created 25 July 2014
9 Photos
Created 25 July 2014
38 Photos
Created 30 June 2014
20 Photos
Created 30 June 2014
72 Photos
Created 28 June 2014
55 Photos
Created 23 June 2014
27 Photos
Created 15 May 2014
37 Photos
Created 11 May 2014
40 Photos
Created 30 March 2014
1 Photo | 3 Sub-Albums
Created 15 March 2014
The time finally came to leave...a month of celebrations and sadness!
30 Photos
Created 5 March 2014
Another holiday within the holiday! Spent 13 fantastic days in Whistler, British Columbia joined by Aussie friends David and Denise. First time on skis for them, perfecting camps for Marc and Anne, loads of fun for everyone.
70 Photos
Created 8 February 2014
Nothing like having family and friends coming for a visit in the sun. Lots of eating, drinking, swimming, laughing...showing everyone our small paradise.
99 Photos
Created 30 January 2014
End of school year in Puerto, many get togethers before flying off to Paris for a family Christmas.
25 Photos
Created 23 January 2014
Day of the Dead festival, a friend visiting from Australia, Anne participating in her first martial arts tournament,...As usual a lot of eating and socialising!
40 Photos
Created 2 December 2013
68 Photos
Created 6 November 2013
Having visitors means putting on our tour guide hat "Voahangy & Co in Mexico", much exploring and eating: ruins, cenotes, beaches, villages, markets,... . I shared Mexican cooking lessons and was repaid with Dutch baking classes from our French guest. We ate a lot of cakes this month! So much sugar, no candies needed for Halloween this year, just parties...
74 Photos
Created 1 November 2013
This is the slowest month of the year in Mexico: hurricane threats, hot and humid weather, torrential rains drive the tourists away and confine the rest of us indoors. It poured for 22 days non stop! We still managed a dive (in the rain) for Father's Day, a day of all you can eat and drink at the local resort for Terry's birthday, and as usual lots of cooking and eating. Just on cue, the weather cleared at the end of the month for the arrival of Marie Suzanne, a French girlfriend. So lots of touring and catching up. Celebrated Mexican Independence Day all month long (it seems), eating black beans and pork verde!
47 Photos
Created 10 October 2013
No excursions this month. Just hanging around Puerto Aventuras, school, friends, ...Sat thru a couple of storms, torrential rains, big winds...Nowhere to go so more time spent in the galley and writing about it!!!
33 Photos
Created 12 September 2013
Holiday month for everyone: visitors from the USA, kids in and out, parties, US National Day celebration, French National Day celebration, Tulum for a night (bliss...) The start of a new food blog meant a month spent in the galley experimenting. Not much in terms of local food, mostly home cooked French. Chocolate cake anyone?
41 Photos
Created 24 August 2013
Holiday Seasons with old and new friends, provisioning and preparing to leave the USA...
54 Photos
Created 16 July 2013
End of school year performances, lots of baking/cooking for school festivities, Marc hospitalised, first tropical storms testing our nerves, road trip to Belize... Eat ceviche, my latest food addiction!!!
15 Photos | 1 Sub-Album
Created 8 July 2013
Lots on! An interesting road trip to the Chiapas region, wonderful ruins of Palenque, green and lush Tabasco, Anne's birthday, Cozumel by boat, Kids sports graduation...Eat chilaquiles, breakfast with a difference.
26 Photos | 3 Sub-Albums
Created 2 July 2013
Settling down and mixing with the locals: kids are off to school, birthday parties, more of Tulum, unexpected reunion with fellow cruisers. Eat: black bean soup!
30 Photos
Created 2 July 2013
Not much tourism this month. We finally made the decision to stay for the rest of the year. So it's head down with school, get together with cruising friends ( they're passing thru while we stay behind) and switching to "landlubber's" mode. Resolved to eat at home more often, back to healthier diet.
19 Photos
Created 13 June 2013
Exploring the Yucatan peninsula by car, to Uxmal ruins and Merida. More of Tulum. Marc's Birthday. Try Flyboarding. Join in the local community of Puerto Aventuras. Xel-Ha. Discover Playa del Carmen. Eat nachos.
27 Photos | 2 Sub-Albums
Created 13 June 2013
Landfall in Isla Mujeres, find our way around our new home in Puerto Aventuras, excursion to Coba ruins, discover Tulum, swim with dolphins, eat tacos...
31 Photos | 2 Sub-Albums
Created 13 June 2013
Our last few weeks (even months) have been spent in Puerto Aventuras, Mexico. Not much cruising for us, more like enjoying company of new friends, safety of a protected harbor, and relaxing for a while, knowing we don't have to go anywhere for a while...
25 Photos
Created 2 April 2013
2 weeks in an island where time has stood still for 50 years! Road trip La havana - Vinales- Cienfuegos - Trinidad - La Havana. Cruise down the west coast, beautiful beaches, good fishing, diving,... Warm waters at last!!!!
3 Sub-Albums
Created 5 February 2013
To be enjoyed while reading the post!
43 Photos
Created 31 December 2012
Exploring Charleston and Savannah
1 Photo | 2 Sub-Albums
Created 27 December 2012
2 weeks shore leave, driving to Shenandoah National Park: lots of hiking, eating "country style" food, looking for bears, avoiding bears...Long drive across to Kitty Hawk, North Carolina, to visit the Wrights brothers memorial and Cape Hatteras.
28 Photos
Created 25 December 2012
Caught up with friends, left the boat on display at the 2012 Boat Show, toured historic downtown and US Naval Academy, watched a football game...welcome to the US sailing capital!
51 Photos
Created 25 December 2012
Unforgetable summer cruising around Block island, Nantucket, and Martha's Vineyard.
1 Photo | 3 Sub-Albums
Created 16 December 2012
46 Photos
Created 17 October 2012
A leisurely cruise from New York to Newport. Quite anchorages, fresh ocean breeze, ...a million miles away from Big City living!
37 Photos
Created 5 September 2012
July and September in the Big Apple. Cruise, Eat, Shop, Walk,...Look at some of our best memories (work in progress, I am still sorting thru thousands fo photos!)
1 Photo | 4 Sub-Albums
Created 3 September 2012
Museums, memorials, parks, bike trails...the most photogenic city.
85 Photos
Created 15 August 2012
First voyage in July, on our way to Washington DC. Passing thru quaint and historical towns, sampling crabs and oysters in hot summer nights... Returned in September, enjoying all Annapolis has to offer (well, nearly), and the spectacle of autumn foliage.
20 Photos
Created 15 August 2012
Where there are some seriously clever people!
22 Photos
Created 15 August 2012
29 Photos
Created 20 July 2012
Shore leave: Make believe, dreams come true, thrills, fast food...Anything goes here!!!
42 Photos
Created 20 July 2012
Welcome to America! Our port of entry, last moments with friends, base for a mini-refit, and our first taste of the USA...
18 Photos
Created 30 June 2012
59 Photos
Created 31 May 2012
17 Photos
Created 25 May 2012
33 Photos
Created 25 May 2012
52 Photos
Created 25 April 2012
19 Photos
Created 14 April 2012
30 Photos
Created 14 April 2012
28 Photos
Created 30 March 2012
28 Photos
Created 5 March 2012
40 Photos
Created 12 February 2012
36 Photos
Created 12 February 2012
25 Photos
Created 28 January 2012
49 Photos
Created 8 January 2012
37 Photos
Created 4 January 2012
40 Photos
Created 28 December 2011
What happens during a transat?
40 Photos
Created 14 December 2011
44 Photos
Created 19 November 2011
22 Photos
Created 19 November 2011
40 Photos
Created 19 November 2011
13 Photos
Created 19 November 2011
18 Photos
Created 19 November 2011
30 Photos
Created 17 November 2011
21 Photos
Created 30 October 2011
18 Photos
Created 22 October 2011
24 Photos
Created 1 October 2011
21 Photos
Created 8 September 2011