Let's Blow Something Up!
05 July 2012 | Ortega River Yacht Club
The best way to take your mind off the summer heat is to occupy yourself with a worthy project or two. Our chosen project is to re-do, re-novate, re-store and re-place the galley! The picture is of the galley as it is at the start of the project. It is nearly 26 years old and is, as they say, "a bit tired."
The guys from Huckins Yard are doing the de-construction and re-construction. We are very excited about having them do the work as they have an excellent reputation and we have seen their work on our friend's Bruce and Gina's boat.
As we enter the demolition stage what we hope to accomplish is to:
1. replace the countertop with Corian
2. replace the sink and faucets with stainless steel
3. replace the face of the cabinets, doors and drawers with formica
4. enclose the watermaker in a removable cabinet
5. add a Corian spice rack behind the fridge door
6. add a Corian backsplash behind the sink and counter
7. cover the bulkhead near the stove with formica
8. replace all the hardware handles, pulls and hinges with stainless steel.
Stay tuned for more chaos!