SV Dawn Treader's Adventures

16 March 2014 | Mazatlan Shopping & Dinner?
16 March 2014 | Marina Fonatur, Mazatlan
11 March 2014 | South Anchorage Mazatlan
11 March 2014 | Ensenada Matanchen, San Blas to South Anchorage Mazatlan.
11 March 2014 | Chacala to Ensenada Matanchen, San Blas
11 March 2014 | Bahia de Jaltemba to Chacala
11 March 2014 | La Cruz to Bahia de Jaltemba
11 March 2014 | To La Cruz, Marina Riviera Nayarit,
11 March 2014 | Paradise Village Marina Welcome Party
11 March 2014 | Paradise Village Resort and Marina, Nuevo Vallarta, Nayarit Mexico
11 March 2014 | La Cruz to Paradise Village Marina, Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico.
11 March 2014 | Bahia de Jaltemba to La Cruz
11 March 2014 | Chacala to Bahia de Jaltemba
11 March 2014 | Chacala
11 March 2014 | San Blas to Chacala
11 March 2014 | San Blas
02 March 2014 | Matachen Bay to Marina Fonatur, San Blas
02 March 2014 | Matachen Bay, San Blas
02 March 2014 | Isla Maria Isabella to San Blas
02 March 2014 | Mazatlan to Isla Isabella

What is a Fire Extinguisher worth?

17 March 2013 | Olympia
Jim
So, what happens if you have a fire in the engine compartment of a boat?
Let me tell you, I don't want to find out first hand. So... I just re-installed a automatic fire extinguisher in the engine area. I know someone is thinking, 'Re-Installed'????
Well, I was working on the boat, and actually in the engine area, the $500 Automatic fire extinguisher was right there, in the middle of where I was mounting some things. I said to myself 'Self, you better put that somewhere where you won't accidentally discharge it'. After all, it is an occupied space authorized fire extinguisher, hence the reason for the$500 price tag. So I did.
Well I completed the job at hand, and went to grab the $500 fire extinguisher, and yep, I discharged it. Let me tell you it was real cold, and with my respiratory issues, it made things interesting. I got out and into the cockpit, sat down and tried to breathe in fresh air. Yep, the colorful language was flowing out of my gasping for air mouth. After about a half hour, I went down below and opened up some hatches. I let the boat air out, and then of course added to the colorful language that I will not repeat here, I commenced to again tell myself, 'Self, you ID TEN T so and so'. Well, so I got a larger model unit that is even larger than the one I had before. I thought since that doing the calculations the first time and adding a bit of cubic feet for good measure I had a sufficient one. But I figured that since I was getting a new one I would go to the next size larger.
Anyway, pictures to follow soon.
Comments
Vessel Name: Dawn Treader
Vessel Make/Model: Columbia 45
Hailing Port: Olympia, Washington USA
Crew: Jim
About: Retired, like to laugh and have a good time. Serious when needed, otherwise I am a simple person with simple desires, and needs. I have seen a lot of the world from the inland side of it, now for the coastals.
Extra: Update: I am landlocked now in the Deserts of Arizona