Alibi II

21 December 2019
10 October 2018
08 October 2018
12 September 2018
12 July 2018
12 July 2018
12 July 2018
11 July 2018
06 May 2018
18 March 2018
10 January 2018
08 January 2018
27 December 2017
04 November 2017
11 September 2017
10 September 2017
04 September 2017
01 August 2017

Getting ready to go, at last

18 August 2015
At long last,engine repair is complete. And she sounds wonderful. We are so fortunate this happened here in Long Island. We have been the recipients of so much kindness and assistance, it truly warms the heart.

The last few days have only reinforced our deep affection for this island and these people. Last week our friend Keith called to offer us 'trans' (Bahamian for a car) as his wife Anne abandoned him for a grandkids fix in Florida. What a treat to have a car for a week.

We finally got down north to see our friends Stacey and Guy's place in Cape Santa Maria. Very cool property with two cottages on it that they are doing an amazing job fixing up.

Saturday was farmers market, followed by exploring up south with Stacey. At the south end of the island is a gorgeous beach in Gordon's where we came across the sweet puppy above. He was injured and emaciated but friendly and of such a delightful temperment. A joint effort with a couple from Nassau who first noticed his injuries resulted in Gordon, as we named him, arriving in Nassau today and being seen immediately by a vet.

His injuries are significant but there is a chance he will make it and another friend here on island has already been in touch with the Humane Society about adopting him . Stacey wrote a nice piece on Gordon https://svenzel.wordpress.com/2015/08/16/long-island-dog-gets-a-second-chance/#comments

On Sunday, we attended services at St. Peter's in Weymms. It was the first service with our new pastor Father Richard Wood. We were very sad to see Father Chester Burton be transferred back to Nassau and were a bit skeptical about who could fill his shoes but Father Wood is fantastic.

Then yesterday afternoon our friends Desi and Jerry had us up to their house for a pool party cookout. Wonderful time. Their place sits up on top of the hill so you relax in the pool with a panoramic view of Thompson Bay.

Needless to say, it was a great, busy weekend. Now, boat is stocked, bottom is clean and we'll sail on Wednesday or Thursday
Comments
Vessel Name: Alibi II
Vessel Make/Model: Allied Seawind II
Hailing Port: Marathon, FL
Crew: Bess and Bill
About: And pups Gussie and Jake
Alibi II's Photos - Main
No items in this gallery.