Alibi II

21 December 2019
10 October 2018
08 October 2018
12 September 2018
12 July 2018
12 July 2018
12 July 2018
11 July 2018
06 May 2018
18 March 2018
10 January 2018
08 January 2018
27 December 2017
04 November 2017
11 September 2017
10 September 2017
04 September 2017
01 August 2017

Leaving Long Island in the morning

19 August 2015
Sadly, the time has come. We're off in the morning headed to the west coast of Florida where we'll visit sister Kiki and redo our interior. We also have a 44lb Rocna waiting for us there and are getting new chain, so we got that going for us, which is nice.

Pups are surely going to miss their daily outings to Flat Cay, as will we.

Good news on the Gordon front. Here is the update we received last yesterday from Nassau:
Dear All,

I just got off the phone with Dr. Sands of the Central Animal Hospital.

Dr. Sands has informed me that Gordon is now in his care at the hospital, and that contrary to what we had been told at The Bahamas Humane Society, Gordon's left leg shows no sign of a fracture, and that the dislocation of his spinal column between the L1 and L2 vertebrae is not a condition that would require "pinning", as that is a procedure used to mend a fracture.

Gordon is to be "crated" for at least five days, and is being given a course of anti-inflammatories, as well as having his abrasions tended to, and whatever else he may require. Dr. Sands's main concern is whether or not there may be any nerve damage, which will only be known after a few days on course of strong anti-inflammatories.

I was very pleased to hear Dr. Sands refer to Gordon as a very happy dog, and one who he believes has every chance to lead a very happy life, whether it be on two legs or four.

I will be given status updates every day, and shall pass them along when I receive them.

If permissable, I will go see Gordon on Thursday, and will pass along a few snaps of Gordon The Lucky.

I would like to thank everyone for their help. It is quite clear that both The Bahamas Humane Society and The Central Animal Hospital felt the full weight of your efforts.

Best regards and fingers crossed,
Philip

Philp and Lisa are the amazing couple who brought Gordon to Nassau and have taken care of his treatment. We very much hope he will be back home here on Long Island when we return in December.
Comments
Vessel Name: Alibi II
Vessel Make/Model: Allied Seawind II
Hailing Port: Marathon, FL
Crew: Bess and Bill
About: And pups Gussie and Jake
Alibi II's Photos - Main
No items in this gallery.