Should I Forget
22 October 2013
Tp & Jg
October 22, 2013
Since I have been lamenting over the this and that "hardships" of cruising, our good friend John (of John and Wendi - see comments on this blog) decided to remind us of life on land.
I met John and Wendi in 2007 when several of Jay's fraternity brothers (and wives) converged on our home in Martha's Vineyard for a 39 year reunion. Jay and three of his Lambda Chi Alpha buddies (see above photo; John, Jay, Joe, Vern) regaled us with hilarious tales of their shenanigans while studying music and marching in the WVU Band. It was a wonderful weekend full of laughter and good friends. And really, what is a good friend for if not to make us laugh and give us a reality check every once in awhile?
Below is the latest email from John.
Subject: THE ADVANTAGES TO LIVING ON A BOAT IN THE OPEN SEA.......
- you don't have to mow the grass (just smoke it.....)
- you don't have to go upstairs for another pair of sox........(i'm always one short)
- you don't have to listen to the neighbor's dog barking or pooping (edited to be g-rated) in your yard (mine bark back and poop back)
- you don't have to wait for the mailman and his excuses for delivering bills......(snail mail is still popular in red lion)
- you don't have to worry about getting rid of the dead christmas tree......(i burn mine at the farm)
- you don't have to pay car bills.......(i'm on a first name basis with all involved)
- you don't have to rake leaves..........(i always end up with the neighborhood's)
- you don't have to answer the calls from the wvu foundation........(i sent them my daughter; that's enough money)
- you don't have to shovel snow..........(unless you make a wrong turn)
- you don't have to wear clothes.........(maybe shoes)
- you don't have to answer the doorbell.............(does avon deliver on the water?)
- you don't have to read emails from brothers........check back every so often though; i'm sure there are more advantages.........thoughts from joe?