Our Family Sailing Adventure

The Broom family takes a break from the rat race aboard SV Dilly Dally.

18 July 2012 | Spirit Lake Marina, Duluth, MN
18 July 2012 | Spirit Lake Marina, Duluth, MN
18 July 2012 | Spirit Lake Marina, Duluth, MN
06 July 2012 | Erie Canal
04 July 2012 | Richfield, MN
04 July 2012 | Richfield, MN
03 July 2012 | I-94
02 July 2012 | I-90 going West
01 July 2012 | Castleton-on-Hudson, NY
01 July 2012 | Castleton-on-Hudson, NY
30 June 2012 | Castleton-on-Hudson, NY
29 June 2012
29 June 2012 | Castleton-on-Hudson, NY
29 June 2012 | Castleton-on-Hudson
26 June 2012 | The Big Apple
25 June 2012 | 25 miles from Sandy Hook
24 June 2012 | The Ocean
23 June 2012 | Big Blue
18 June 2012 | Nassau, Bahamas

Moving West

11 April 2012 | Culebra, Tamarindo Beach
Lisa
Easter Sunday turned out to be a very pleasant day. While snorkeling, I noticed the anchor of our neighbor was only laying on the sand. I swam over to let them know. We had almost no wind so it was not an immediate concern. These folks are a young couple from Norway with a 10 month old on board. Dad was telling how difficult it was getting to keep the little one contained. So, I went back to the boat and sent Dale back with 40 feet of lifeline netting that we are not going to use. They were thrilled. As Dale chatted, I realized I had a big pot roast for dinner that certianlcould feed 2 more. We invited them for dinner!! Kristin, Helen and baby Klara. Turns out their refridgeration was broken and they had only eatencanned food for awhile. We had a very nice visit and they stayed pretty late for "cruisers". This is the best part of cruising - meeting people.
Monday we headed back to Culebra to pick up some milk and a few things. Tuesday we motored around to Tamarindo Beach on the West side of Culebra. Wow-another beautiful spot. We snorkled around and saw lots of fish. Madeline and I swam back to the boat and went over the grassy area. We saw at least 10 turtles, a barracuda, 2 sea stars and some people too!!! :-) Awesome!! I pirated (arrrgh) the pics off the internet as I don't have a waterproof camera. Looks just like what I saw!
We recieved an e-mail from Gail and Barry who we had met up with in The Grenadines. They are in Fajardo, PR so we decided on Wednesday we would head over there and meet up again.
Comments
Vessel Name: Dilly Dally
Vessel Make/Model: Morgan 462
Hailing Port: Ham Lake, MN
Crew: Dale, Lisa, Madeline and Wyatt

Follow our year long journey starting July 2011 from the Great Lakes to the East Coast and Caribbean

Who: Dale, Lisa, Madeline and Wyatt
Port: Ham Lake, MN