Our Family Sailing Adventure

The Broom family takes a break from the rat race aboard SV Dilly Dally.

18 July 2012 | Spirit Lake Marina, Duluth, MN
18 July 2012 | Spirit Lake Marina, Duluth, MN
18 July 2012 | Spirit Lake Marina, Duluth, MN
06 July 2012 | Erie Canal
04 July 2012 | Richfield, MN
04 July 2012 | Richfield, MN
03 July 2012 | I-94
02 July 2012 | I-90 going West
01 July 2012 | Castleton-on-Hudson, NY
01 July 2012 | Castleton-on-Hudson, NY
30 June 2012 | Castleton-on-Hudson, NY
29 June 2012
29 June 2012 | Castleton-on-Hudson, NY
29 June 2012 | Castleton-on-Hudson
26 June 2012 | The Big Apple
25 June 2012 | 25 miles from Sandy Hook
24 June 2012 | The Ocean
23 June 2012 | Big Blue
18 June 2012 | Nassau, Bahamas

Lake Minnetonka - PR style

07 April 2012 | Isla Culebrita near Culebra, Puerto Rico
Lisa-the weather is beautiful, no rain
Wed (4-4) we left JVD and motored (no wind again) to Culebra, an island that is part of Puerto Rico. WE had another fiasco trying to check in and confirmed our opinion that the hardest country to check in to is the USA. B ythe time we sorted everything out it was late afternoon and we stopped for dinner at Zaco Taco - the only place we could find that didn't shut down for the afternoon. Yummy food, good prices. PR is a US territory and everyone speaks Spanish and English too. There is definitely a latin flair here in music, food, etc. Thursday we did schooling. cleaning and Dale went in to karaoke at the Dinghy Dock Bar. Friday (4/6) is Good Friday and everything is closed. We decided it was time to go over to Isla Culebrita to the Bahia de Tortugas. This is supposed to be a very beautiful beach not to be missed. The swells were too big to go in to the Bay so we anchored off the Western side of the island and watched the locals water ski, swim, etc. A pretty good crowd was there due to the holiday. Sat we were off to Tortuga Bay again and it was nice and calm - the water, that is. Everyone and their cousin decided to come to this bay today. At one point Dale counted 95 power boats and 5 sailboats and more were coming. Every boat had at least 4 people and many had 8 or 10. It is a big bay so they all fit but it was a wild day-had to be 700-800 people here!!! We swam a bit and colored Easter Eggs using powdered drink mix. Then we went ashore to walk up to the lighthouse. It was hot but not a difficult walk. Later we invited some folks from Montreal over for sundowners. They had an 8 yo boy that only spoke French. Oh well-didn't seem to bother the boys much!! Another great day in paradise.
Comments
Vessel Name: Dilly Dally
Vessel Make/Model: Morgan 462
Hailing Port: Ham Lake, MN
Crew: Dale, Lisa, Madeline and Wyatt

Follow our year long journey starting July 2011 from the Great Lakes to the East Coast and Caribbean

Who: Dale, Lisa, Madeline and Wyatt
Port: Ham Lake, MN