Ready to Leave?
31 December 2010 | Charleston
This feels a bit like October 13, when we first set out. After being in Charleston since November 19, Bud and I worked today to get ready to sail tomorrow. The weather looks good so we're heading outside to the ocean. We'll see how it goes, but we may run straight through to St. Augustine.
So today we took down the Christmas decorations, cleaned the boat, filled the fuel tanks and the water tanks, did some laundry... We checked the weather, again. We worked on trimming Fuzzy, again. (After three days of intermittent trimming he's looking fairly well groomed, at least you can see his face.) We checked the electronic charts on the computer. We got the wind vane ready to go, we put away the dock lines not being used and washed down the deck.
So I guess we're ready. I've got the jitters but I know it will feel good once we're underway. I hope there's enough wind to sail. And I hope it's not dead on our nose. The weather forecast shows the winds more or less from the south, so we just have to get out there and see. It would be so nice to make good time without the engine.
I'm not sure if we'll get to St. Augustine Sunday, or have to wait it out until daylight on Monday, so it's possible there will be no update to the blog until Monday. If we have cell service out there I'll update as we go, otherwise I'll check in with you when we reach the next port.
Happy New Year everyone!