21 May 2016 | Snead Island Boat Works, Manatee River
11 April 2016 | Regatta Pointe Marina, Palmetto, FL
17 March 2016 | Regatta Pointe Marina, Palmetto, FL
02 March 2016 | Regatta Pointe Marina, Palmetto, FL
02 March 2016 | Crow's Nest Marina, Venice, FL
21 February 2016 | Ft. Meyers Beach Mooring Field
17 February 2016 | Gulf Harbor Marina, Fort Myers, FL
16 February 2016 | Gulf Harbor Marina, Fort Myers, FL
15 February 2016 | Gulf Harbor Marina, Fort Myers, FL
13 February 2016 | Ft. Meyers Beach Mooring Field
31 January 2016 | Ft. Meyers Beach Mooring Field
25 January 2016 | Burnt Store Marina, FL
21 January 2016 | Platinum Point Yacht Club, Burnt Store Marina, Charlotte Harbor Florida
20 January 2016 | Sarasota Mooring Field
28 December 2015 | Regatta Pointe Marina, Palmetto, FL
16 December 2015 | Regatta Pointe Marina, Palmetto, FL
06 December 2015 | Gulfport Municipal Marina, Gulfport, FL
02 December 2015 | Gulfport Municipal Marina, Gulfport, FL
30 November 2015 | Clearwater Harbor Marina, Clearwater, FL
28 November 2015 | Moorings Marina, Carrabelle, FL
22 September 2011 | St. Augustine Marine Center, St. Augustine , FL
The rigging is finished. That's Andrew, the rigger, coming down from working on the upper stays. He stopped to adjust something there, he may have been about to tape the spreader boots over the ends of the lower spreader. He also installed the jib furler with its new wire stay and tuned the mast. Bud and I got the boom on, then Bud ran a lot of the lines while I worked on the engine room sound insulation. Our old insulation fell apart on one of the engine room doors. We stripped it off both doors and the generator cover. It was already off the small door on the far side of the engine room. We bought new soundproofing that came in 12-inch squares with peel and stick backs. I fit and cut the squares and covered those four doors. It went on nicely (although I did get blisters from cutting it) and we hope it's effective.
This evening we put our staysail back up. We had to rewind the furler and then raise the sail. Then we used the furling line to wind it up around the foil on the baby-stay. Happily, we got it right and it wound up with the UV resistant strip on the outside. We're looking more like a sailboat!
I tried to take a picture of a huge shrimp boat they pulled out with the travel-lift. It was very warm and drizzling rain. I took my camera out of the air-conditioned boat and it immediately steamed up. I took about 4 shots and wiped the lens repeatedly, but none of them came out clearly. I'll try to get a picture tomorrow. I'm getting tired of posting photos of Earendil still sitting in the same slip. We see lots of progress, but I don't think it much shows in the pictures.