06 March 2012 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
The wind blew all day at between 25 and 30 knots, with gusts above 30, and that was here in the lee of the island. The boat is moving around a lot on the anchor, but it's very secure and quite cozy. What's not so cozy is taking Fuzzy ashore, but we've got that technique down and with him in the pack we've been getting a bit wet but not soaked.
A lot of the folks in the anchorage went to one of Tryphena's buffets at Club Thompson Bay, but since we'd been before, and since the trip back to the boat in the dark would be a hassle in this wind, Bud and I decided not to go. Neither of us had much of an appetite, anyway. We think we might have a touch of seasickness from the constant motion. I'm feeling better now, but Bud decided to take a Dramamine and I gave half of one to Fuzzy. They should both sleep well tonight.
We didn't do much of anything today. A small boat came up and anchored near us. I'm not sure if they were moving in closer or came from another place. I can't imagine they would have moved far in this wind. Anyway, as a precaution, in case the wind moves further east, Bud asked me to let out another 10 feet of anchor chain. That way as we swing we'll stay behind them.
There's not much else to report, I just wanted people to know that all was well. The wind howls but the boat is fine. And a good thing is that the wind generator is making lots of power!