S/V Earendil

21 May 2016 | Snead Island Boat Works, Manatee River
11 April 2016 | Regatta Pointe Marina, Palmetto, FL
17 March 2016 | Regatta Pointe Marina, Palmetto, FL
02 March 2016 | Regatta Pointe Marina, Palmetto, FL
02 March 2016 | Crow's Nest Marina, Venice, FL
21 February 2016 | Ft. Meyers Beach Mooring Field
17 February 2016 | Gulf Harbor Marina, Fort Myers, FL
16 February 2016 | Gulf Harbor Marina, Fort Myers, FL
15 February 2016 | Gulf Harbor Marina, Fort Myers, FL
13 February 2016 | Ft. Meyers Beach Mooring Field
31 January 2016 | Ft. Meyers Beach Mooring Field
25 January 2016 | Burnt Store Marina, FL
21 January 2016 | Platinum Point Yacht Club, Burnt Store Marina, Charlotte Harbor Florida
20 January 2016 | Sarasota Mooring Field
28 December 2015 | Regatta Pointe Marina, Palmetto, FL
16 December 2015 | Regatta Pointe Marina, Palmetto, FL
06 December 2015 | Gulfport Municipal Marina, Gulfport, FL
02 December 2015 | Gulfport Municipal Marina, Gulfport, FL
30 November 2015 | Clearwater Harbor Marina, Clearwater, FL
28 November 2015 | Moorings Marina, Carrabelle, FL

Fun with Family and Friends in Western New York

26 July 2015 | Western New York
Jill
What a great trip we had! Bud, Adler, Matey and I drove up to Western New York on June 28th, arriving at my brother and sister-in-law's place on the 29th. Jamie drove up by herself and drove straight through getting to my mom's on July 2nd.

It's been about 5 years since all of us have been back there together. My brother, Jim and his wife, Goody, hosted a party with all my immediate family (my mom, sister and brother, their kids, and kids' kids, etc.) who are still in the area. The only one who couldn't come was my sister's husband, Oren, who is now bed-bound. We did get to visit him later. Twenty of us were there representing 5 generations. Thanks to all of you for a great time and a great visit. Adler had a blast fishing and swimming with his cousins. None of them are first cousins, but it's easier just to use the term cousin than to figure out the exact relationship.

We did so many things with so many people. Adler and I went to the Buffalo Zoo with Goody, and rode the Maid of the Mist with Jamie, Goody and her two grandsons. Jamie and I took Adler to Old Fort Niagara.

I visited Buffalo's revitalized waterfront a half dozen times, and each time the waterfront and harbor were bustling with people. It was great to see. I went kayaking in the Buffalo River with my friend Erin and her brother John. Before the kayaking John took us on a quick tour of some of the up and coming places in Buffalo, including Larkinville, where every Tuesday 50 food trucks gather for an evening of crowds and eating. Bud and I rode the bike ferry, took the river history tour and the walking tour of the old grain elevators. Our friends Rick and Trace took Bud, Matey and me sailing on their restored boat, Silk Purse. This photo was taken by a friend on the schooner, Spirit of Buffalo (Rick captain's that boat once a week or so). It's of us on Silk Purse in front of the Buffalo skyline. The fog was rolling in and out that day, and you can see it wisping among the buildings of downtown Buffalo. Silk Purse sails like a dream, and Matey proved to be a good sailing dog (this was his first sail).

Matey and I walked and hiked a lot of places, including to the eternal flame in Chestnut Ridge Park. I'd never done that hike, despite having gone to Chestnut Ridge many, many times. Matey and I got to walk with my sister Joan around Youngstown. And Matey and I walked in Snyder, Lockport, Alden, Tonawanda, Buffalo and on Loon Lake in Wayland.

Bud and I went golfing one day and another day bicycling along the Erie Canal towpath from Holley to Brockport and back with Jim and Goody. The four of us visited the village of East Aurora a couple of times. Bud brought back some real garlic (not Elephant garlic) from their farmers' market.

At Rick and Tracey's cottage on Loon Lake I tried their kayak and Bud and I rode on Big Mabel (a towable tube with a back rest for us old folks), toured the lake on their pontoon boat and rode a jet ski. I wasn't enamored of the jet ski but Bud spent quite a bit of time on it and would get one if he knew how to stow it on Earendil.

Bud got to golf with friends he used to work with and I had breakfast with my work friend Joyce and supper with my old friend Sue. Erin had me over and I got to see Priscilla, Jackie and Sue and another time her neighbors, Larry and Gail. We visited the yacht club twice and saw many old friends. We had a nice dinner with Eileen and Martin, joined by Jeff and his kids Justin and Lauren. We didn't get to sail that night, no wind, but had a great visit. We also got to see our friends Pete and Sharon. Pete was in rehab for a neck operation. (Pete, we've got to stop seeing you in the hospital and start seeing you on a boat! Hopefully this winter that will happen.)

Bud and I made a point of trying to eat at some good restaurants. We had Thai food, Burmese food and fish fries and beef on weck as you can only get in Western New York. My mom had diet Vernor's Ginger Ale for me and even sent a twelve-pack home with us. Bud got a lot of good beer, including Flying Bison from Rick and Trace's keg-erator (another thing he'd put on the boat if it were possible).

It wouldn't be a trip home without games. I played a lot of rounds of Texas Rummy with my mom, most of which she won. Bud and I played some Sequence with Jim and Goody and many hilarious games of Mexican Train Dominoes with Rick and Trace.

All in all it was a wonderful time. There's really no place like Western New York in the summer, and we thank all of those we spent time with for sharing it with us. I'll make a new album for all the other photos.
Comments
Vessel Name: Earendil
Vessel Make/Model: Norseman 447
Hailing Port: Wilson, New York USA
Crew: Bud Campbell & Jill Bebee
About: We are a newly retired couple about to embark for points south. Our crew includes our 14 year old toy poodle, Knaidel, better known as Fuzzy. He is a somewhat reluctant crew member, but would rather sail than stay without us.
Earendil's Photos - Main
12 Photos
Created 11 November 2015
21 Photos
Created 28 October 2015
4 Photos
Created 27 January 2015
74 Photos
Created 19 March 2014
21 Photos
Created 10 November 2013
18 Photos
Created 12 May 2013
37 Photos
Created 11 May 2013
4 Photos
Created 22 April 2013
85 Photos
Created 6 January 2013
51 Photos
Created 23 June 2012
13 Photos
Created 28 April 2012
120 Photos
Created 3 March 2012
75 Photos
Created 1 March 2012
91 Photos
Created 31 December 2011
31 Photos
Created 1 December 2011
19 Photos
Created 12 June 2011
59 Photos
Created 24 April 2011
138 Photos
Created 23 January 2011
21 Photos
Created 8 January 2011
19 Photos
Created 3 November 2010
21 Photos
Created 14 October 2010
2 Photos
Created 1 October 2010