Endeavor Together

21 May 2013 | Sea of Cortez
03 May 2013 | Mazatlan to the Sea of Cortez 4/23/13 - 4/25/13
19 April 2013 | Isla Isabel, Nayarit, Mexico
19 April 2013 | Banderas Bay
18 March 2013 | Banderas Bay
13 March 2013 | Sayulita
07 January 2013 | Various villages around Morelia
06 January 2013 | Our road trip to Morelia and surrounding villages
23 December 2012 | Zihuatanejo
18 December 2012 | La Cruz, Carrizal, & Zihuatanejo
17 December 2012 | La Cruz
05 December 2012 | Out at sea....
05 December 2012 | La Cruz
29 November 2012 | East Cape
29 November 2012 | Sea of Cortez
02 November 2012 | La Paz
04 June 2012 | Sea of Cortez

Spring Break

17 April 2012 | Banderas Bay
By James
clockwise from top: James, Mackinnon, Everett, and Saunders

Spring break on the boat was very homey because I spent it with some good friends, the Bucks, Darleys and Carters. When the Bucks arrived, I was so happy I was literally jumping up and down. I just remember writing in my journal, three more days, two more days, and one more day until the Bucks come. That was all that I could think about!! When we met them at the airport, my first thought was, "My gosh, they're giants!!" My second thought, "It's so unfair!" Mackinnon was head and shoulders taller than me and Everett was as tall as my dad. Lucky for my sanity and my sense of fairness Saunders was still little Saunders!! After we were done with the hellos and caught up a bit we hopped on a bus and headed towards their resort.

Their resort was Gigantic! There are several different buildings all along the waterfront. It was more like a city than a resort. Our area alone had a huge pool, a big lazy river, an awesome water slide, two wave pools, and a not so little little kid's area. The Bucks and I spent the rest of our time that afternoon swimming. We spent most of our time in the lazy river. Our favorite activity was flipping the other person's inner tube over and dumping that person in the water. For dinner that night, we ate at a poolside restaurant. The Buck boys and I all had monster burgers that were delicious. That night Mackinnon spent the night, and we had a blast!!

The rest of the week was like that, either at our resort or theirs. We swam, boogie boarded, played in the surf, and played football in the sand, until that ill-fated sailing trip on Tuesday.

It was a bad day to go sailing to say the least. There was a big swell, and the wind wasn't great. We got to a max speed of four knots, which is about five miles per hour. The Bucks all got sick except for Saunders and Mrs. Buck. They were even too sick to swim when we stopped in the bay!! Finally, we got back to the marina and had a dinner of chicken fajitas. Once we were done, the Bucks headed back to their hotel and I was left wondering if tomorrow's sail will be kinder to the Darleys and Carters.

It was!! There was a perfect twenty knot wind and virtually no swell! The only problem was that Mathew got sick on the way to the marina and Mark had to take him back; plus Amelia and Jason were going diving that day, but the rest of us had a ton of fun! On a twenty knot wind, this boat leans over quite a bit, until the cap rail is almost in the water and the waves are splashing up on the sail and soaking half of the boat. Which Megan, the friend of the Carters and Darleys, learned really quickly while she was sunbathing on the bow. Nobody got sick this time either and we all swam except for the adults. But on the way in, we got a little bit of unwanted excitement. The Paradise Village marina hosts a junior sailing club, and all of these kids about our age go out in their little sailing dinghies and sail around. As we're coming in, this little sailor, a little younger than us, is cutting across our path. We can't turn sharply enough and we crash right into her!! SMACK BANG!! She slides about halfway down our bow, screaming the whole way!!AHHHHHHAHHHH!! Almost giving our poor parents heart attacks before finally sailing away. We all breathed a sigh of relief and continued on our way, but our excitement for the day wasn't over. As we were coming towards our slip, we realized that there was a small power boat in it, so we backed up and went into the nearest open slip, ending our sailing adventure.

The day after our perfect sailing trip was a very funny day. That day we went to the Grand Mayan for another day of swimming, but this time the parents joined in on the fun. Naturally our first stop was the slide. We grabbed inner tubes that made you go faster and allowed you to slide five feet across the water once you exited the slide. We learned that bigger people go faster and farther, and this was wonderfully demonstrated by my dad. We had all gone already and slid the usual five feet. Then it was my dad's turn. He came Flying down the slide and shooting out the exit! It was like bowling! These two little boys in front of me dove out of the way and narrowly avoided the road kill treatment and so did I. But Sydney wasn't so lucky; she got hit head on by my dad on his inner tube and got knocked backwards coming up with a nasty scrape on her stomach. Needless to say my dad got a strike! We were all laughing so hard, we must have swallowed a gallon of chlorine water! I would've given anything to have gotten that on video!

The next stop was the not so lazy river. Dad didn't go but my mom and Mrs. Buck did and I considered it my duty to give them the ride of their lives. I was feeling mischievous, what can I say? So I flipped them over multiple times and dragged them under the waterfall despite their best efforts, twice! They didn't stay in very long, whoops!? After that memorable afternoon, we went to Eddie's Place for dinner and we had fajitas and burgers.

The next day was Friday and the Buck's last day; it was sad. But we still had fun! We played two games of football, swam in the surf and the pool, and buried Saunders in the sand. After lunch the Bucks went to the airport and we went to the Darley's and the Carter's casa they had rented. We swam in their pool and had diving and cannonball contests. We even dove through their little inflatable inner tubes! We had a delicious dinner of lobster and cordon bleu with a baked potato on the side. After dinner, we played card games and just messed around. We didn't leave until almost eleven o clock that night. That ended the best Spring Break ever!!
Comments
Vessel Name: Endeavor
Vessel Make/Model: Taswell 49 sloop
Hailing Port: Olympia, WA
Crew: Rick, Gina, James and Sydney Phillips
Endeavor's Photos - Main
15 Photos
Created 21 May 2013
Agua Verde, Loreto, Isla Coronados, Los Gatos, Isla Espiritu Santo
74 Photos
Created 21 May 2013
49 Photos
Created 22 April 2013
Endeavor gets a new bottom 4/09/13 - 4/23/13
16 Photos
Created 22 April 2013
54 Photos
Created 16 April 2013
Includes La Cruz, sailing Banderas Bay, Sunday Market, Punta de Mita, Holy week.. etc.......
48 Photos
Created 3 April 2013
Sydney's photography
46 Photos
Created 18 March 2013
A day in Sayulita watching an international surf competition. Too Much FUN! 3/9/13
50 Photos
Created 11 March 2013
Just a few pics...it was a rough ride so pictures were not a high priority....
14 Photos
Created 5 March 2013
25 Photos
Created 16 February 2013
34 Photos
Created 16 February 2013
While anchored in Santiago, we took a day trip tour to the capital city of Calima...with interesting stops along the way...
41 Photos
Created 16 February 2013
30 Photos
Created 16 February 2013
10 Photos
Created 16 February 2013
12/19/12
9 Photos
Created 6 January 2013
Our trip to Michoacan 12/20/12
15 Photos
Created 6 January 2013
Our trip to Michoacan 12/20/12
27 Photos
Created 6 January 2013
Our trip to Michoacan 12/20/12
24 Photos
Created 6 January 2013
Our trip to Michoacan 12/20/12
18 Photos
Created 6 January 2013
Our trip to Michoacan 12/20/12
16 Photos
Created 6 January 2013
Our trip to Michoacan 12/18 - 12/20
32 Photos
Created 6 January 2013
76 Photos
Created 6 January 2013
18 Photos
Created 2 January 2013
Our road trip to Morelia - December 19-22, 2012
24 Photos
Created 23 December 2012
December 3 - 15, 2012
53 Photos
Created 18 December 2012
10 Photos
Created 18 December 2012
32 Photos
Created 18 December 2012
1-/22/12-11/01/12
46 Photos
Created 2 November 2012
43 Photos
Created 3 June 2012
Bahia Concepcion 5/19/12 - 5/25/12 & 5/28/11 - 5/30/12
20 Photos
Created 3 June 2012
Bahia Concepcion 5/16/12 - 5/19/12 & 5/25/12 - 5/28/12
20 Photos
Created 3 June 2012
27 Photos
Created 3 June 2012
19 Photos
Created 3 June 2012
9 Photos
Created 3 June 2012
26 Photos
Created 3 June 2012
5/3/12 - 5/7/12
14 Photos
Created 7 May 2012
22 Photos
Created 6 May 2012
44 Photos
Created 6 May 2012
Day 2 Mazatlan to Sea of Cortez. Water was crystal clear and the dolphins were beautiful!
6 Photos
Created 6 May 2012
11 Photos
Created 6 May 2012
includes plaza, Melville Boutique hotel, the theatre, orphanage
34 Photos
Created 19 April 2012
April 12, 2012
22 Photos
Created 13 April 2012
18 Photos
Created 13 April 2012
Misc. pics of our fav little town
22 Photos
Created 13 April 2012
Another field trip with April from Wave House March 24, 2012
86 Photos
Created 13 April 2012
Feild trip with April from Wave House 3/15/12
46 Photos
Created 30 March 2012
February 24ish, 2012
20 Photos
Created 28 March 2012
February 20, 2012
16 Photos
Created 28 March 2012
Banderas Bay December 20th - ish?
10 Photos
Created 7 February 2012
February 5-7, 2012
19 Photos
Created 6 February 2012
February 2 - 5, 2012
5 Photos
Created 6 February 2012
January 19-23, 2012
16 Photos
Created 6 February 2012
January 1-15, 2012 La Cruz, Puerto Vallarta, Chamela, Tenacatita, Barra, Los Hadas
71 Photos
Created 15 January 2012
25 Photos
Created 15 January 2012
December 10-17, 2011
43 Photos
Created 15 January 2012
Matanchen
34 Photos
Created 8 December 2011
November 30 - December 2
21 Photos
Created 8 December 2011
34 Photos
Created 8 December 2011
10 Photos
Created 12 November 2011
79 Photos
Created 12 November 2011
9/7/11 through 9/11/12
21 Photos
Created 12 September 2011
8/28/11 through 9/5/11
29 Photos
Created 12 September 2011
August 24, 2011
19 Photos
Created 24 August 2011
August 22 & 23, 2011
14 Photos
Created 24 August 2011
Saturday, August 21, 2011
8 Photos
Created 22 August 2011
9 Photos
Created 22 August 2011
11 Photos
Created 15 August 2011
“Men go back to the mountains, as they go back to sailing ships at sea, because in the mountains and on the sea they must face up.” Henry David Thoreau