S/V Journey

We have our new boat Check us out at our new blog: http://sv-journey.blogspot.com/p/home.html

09 August 2011
16 March 2011
03 September 2010 | Jordan Creek NC
07 May 2010 | a long time ago, far, far away....
22 April 2010
15 April 2010
14 April 2010 | can't say where
09 April 2010
12 February 2010 | a tutorial. Learn from it....
01 February 2010 | a montage of our cruise
01 February 2010
30 January 2010
30 January 2010 | Ft. George River, Fl.
30 January 2010 | Pete/Pokey/Al/Martha (photo)
24 January 2010 | with too much time on my hands
22 January 2010 | St. Augustine, Fl
22 January 2010 | St. Augustine, FL
17 January 2010 | gulf stream
15 January 2010 | Exumas

Crunch Time

29 September 2009
MJ
Well, crunch time is nearing. Our Bahamas sailing trip is closer than ever, and we have been working at a fevered pitch to get everything ready to leave November first. The food is stowed, and Journey was listing comfortably to port. Adding the dingy in the quarterberth to starboard evened her out nicely though.
Now we will add the finishing touches over the next couple of weeks. We will strap our jerry cans to the starboard rail (LEAN TO THE RIGHT!) and our water in solar shower bags to the icebox on the port side (LEAN TO THE LEFT!) Our new dodger should be joining us by the fifteenth, (STAND UP!) we will be tying up our land based loose ends such as arranging for bill pay, mail pick up, and paying property taxes while we're gone (SIT DOWN!) and all that will be left is to hope the weather is cooperative to head offshore. (FIGHT-FIGHT-FIGHT!)
We plan to video blog the trip; make that MJ will blog and make video and upload, while Al makes soothing noises and gentle encouragement from behind. Due to the slowness and scarcity of Internet connections once we enter the Bahamas, updates will be irregular, and infrequent. Sorry, but that's just what we deal with in paradise. Sometimes, there will be 3-4 new posts in a day if we get a good signal. These will be posts for the last week or two when there was no wifi or Internet connection. Just don't want anyone to get alarmed over NOT hearing something for a period of time. For our friends who have asked to keep up with our trip postings, there are a few ways to do this.
1. If you use igoogle or google as your homepage: go to our site and subscribe to the rss feed, and click to add it to igoogle. It will be there each time you log on and you can see new posting right away.
2. If you use Facebook, add me as a friend to get all updates sent directly to your page. I'm a Fbwhore, I'll add anyone who wants in. I mean really, I'm going to be blogging my life for 3 months. What would I have to hide?
3. Log on to our site, and subscribe to the rss feed, and check your feeds tab to alert you of updates.
4. Log on to our site and bookmark the page so that you can find it each time you want to check our progress.
The site address we use is: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/svjourney/
You can also find the site listed under my FB profile picture as a link. Click on it to go there.
To all our critics, nay Sayers, and people who don't know much of anything no how: Yah, see we're doing it, and by the way, what did you plan and do this year?
To all our family, friends and supporters: Thanks for all you've done to help us see this happen. We hope that through our blogs, we can portray the trip as it unfolds for us in a way that lets you share in our fun. Of course, we will be where the sun is warm, water's wet and the lobsters grow as big as dogs. We might have to rub that in every now and again.
Comments
Vessel Name: Journey
Vessel Make/Model: 1977 Islander 28 which has been sold,1/28/10 Current Journey: 1989 Morgan Classic 41
Hailing Port: Wendell, NC
Crew: Martha and Al
About: We bought Journey an 2004, and have been updating her, sailing her, and loving her ever since. UPDATE!! WE SOLD JOURNEY ON JAN.28,2010. Fast forward to Fall,2010. Our new Journey is a Morgan Classic 41.
Extra:

Follow the Journey

Who: Martha and Al
Port: Wendell, NC