s/v jusdreaming

The trials and sailing tales of Denny & Diane

01 May 2014 | Fat Deer Key
30 April 2014 | Channel Key
29 April 2014 | Shell Key
28 April 2014 | Cow Pens/ Plantation Key
26 April 2014 | Tarpon Basin
25 April 2014 | Thursday Cove
23 April 2014 | Jew Point
22 April 2014 | Billy Point
21 April 2014 | Marine Stadium
17 April 2014 | New River Marina
16 April 2014 | Lake Santa Barbara
15 April 2014 | Lake Worth
14 April 2014 | Hobe Sound
22 June 2012 | Stuart, Fl
06 June 2012 | Marsh Harbor
26 May 2012 | Royal Island
04 May 2012 | George Town
29 April 2012 | George Town
17 April 2012 | George Town, Exumas
30 March 2012 | Black Point

Pipe Creek Again

27 April 2010 | 24 14.080’ N: 076 29.433’W
Date 4-07-10
Position 24 14.080' N: 076 29.433'W
Location Pipe Creek
The trip over from Long Cay to Long Island was some what an open ocean crossing. We had a northerly swell of about 6-8 ft with a wind chop on top of it. The wind was 15-20 from the NE. We were heading NW so it was a close haul all the way with good speeds, and top speed of 9.8. Thus it only took us a bit over 7 hours to cover the 44 miles from anchor up to anchor down.
The next day the plan was to sail all the way to George Town via Hog Cay Cut, but we need some help from the tide to get through. Well the tides were wrong for our arrival time, so we planned to anchor on the bank side and pass through the next morning.
Well as we were passing Dollar Harbor we heard "Wind Lass" on the radio. It seems they were traveling with "Naked Sail", and "Cloud Nine", again, and they were all heading for the marina at Stella Maris. They mentioned spending Easter week end together, and offered a free meal of pork chops and sour kraut on "Naked Sail", so needless to say a new course was plugged in and Stella Maris was now our new destination.
The whole crowd met us at the dock to catch lines and get us secured. The marina has very few slips, 5 or 6, so we were the only boats in the marina. With the marina price of $1.00 per foot, you get the entire resort package included. So enjoying the pools and Tiki bar was certainly in order. We all decided to take the "Admirals" out for a genuine dress up sit down meal at the resort. It was very weird getting dressed up, but for Diane, I endured. And it was a good time with good food!!
On Easter Sunday we had the planned pork chops and sour kraut dinner prepared by Tabby on "Naked Sail", and it was very good, and fun was had by one and all.
We still planned to hook up with "Kokomo" for the cruise back, who were some what waiting for us up the Exuma chain. So again it was time to head out. The wind and seas were kicking, so doing a rumb line to Stanial/Pipe was out of the question. So instead we headed for the lee side of Great Exuma. With the wind honking, 15-20, out of the east it was a great sail up the "backside".
We will stay in Pipe Creek for awhile, as the conditions are calling for 20-30 Knt winds and seas 7-10, at least a week. Then not sure where we are heading other than heading for Nassau. So the wind will dictate where we go from there 
Comments
Vessel Name: jusdreaming
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 37 Catamaran
Hailing Port: Stuart, Fl
Crew: Denny & Diane DeRanek
About: Admiral- Diane First Mate- Matilda
Home Page: http://www.svjusdreaming.net
jusdreaming's Photos - Main
No items in this gallery.

Who: Denny & Diane DeRanek
Port: Stuart, Fl