s/v jusdreaming

The trials and sailing tales of Denny & Diane

01 May 2014 | Fat Deer Key
30 April 2014 | Channel Key
29 April 2014 | Shell Key
28 April 2014 | Cow Pens/ Plantation Key
26 April 2014 | Tarpon Basin
25 April 2014 | Thursday Cove
23 April 2014 | Jew Point
22 April 2014 | Billy Point
21 April 2014 | Marine Stadium
17 April 2014 | New River Marina
16 April 2014 | Lake Santa Barbara
15 April 2014 | Lake Worth
14 April 2014 | Hobe Sound
22 June 2012 | Stuart, Fl
06 June 2012 | Marsh Harbor
26 May 2012 | Royal Island
04 May 2012 | George Town
29 April 2012 | George Town
17 April 2012 | George Town, Exumas
30 March 2012 | Black Point

Hunter Gatherer

23 March 2008 | Double Breasted, Jumentos
3-12-08 21.18.804"N: 75.46.024"W
Double Breasted Cay
We stayed overnight at Flamingo and decided we should carry on. So we sailed the 27 miles down to Nurse Cay. The conditions could not have been any better, the seas were just ahead of the beam and the winds were about 60 degrees off the nose, so the sail was a nice ride. We were on the bank side of the islands so no fish, except while crossing one of the cuts, Diane decided to catch a Barracuda, the size of her!!!!!!! The woman loves to fish!
Well we tuck in to a nice little cove with a beach and it is home for a day or two. The reefs are right behind us so the hunting is close by and productive!!!!
The biggest surprise of Nurse Cay is that there is a rooster, on the uninhabited island, along with a few goats. To hear a rooster crowing was a bit of a shock!!!!!!!!
After a couple of days at Nurse we decide to make the 12 mile trek down to either Johnson Cay, or Double Breasted Cay. As we approach " SV Slow Mocean" hales us lets us know that there is three boats at Johnson Cay, and for the Jumentos, that is a crowd. So we move on down to Double Breasted. It is as beautiful as a post card, with the bright aqua water, that is so clear it is like anchoring in air !!!!!!!!! "SV Slow Mocean" decides to come over and join us. Donna on ""So Fine Tooo" is absolutely amazed at the clarity of the water. We can see a string of squid that have made our anchor chain their new home.
The next day we all go out to do some snorkeling/ hunting! The reefs down here are just magnificent. Full of life and very much still alive!! I get a lobster, and Blake gets two nice snapper. So dinner plans are made for the evening. Sunny makes a very nice sweet and sour fish; Diane and Donna do the veggies, while the hunter gatherers kick back and await the feast for the kings.
Life is VERY VERY GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments
Vessel Name: jusdreaming
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 37 Catamaran
Hailing Port: Stuart, Fl
Crew: Denny & Diane DeRanek
About: Admiral- Diane First Mate- Matilda
Home Page: http://www.svjusdreaming.net
jusdreaming's Photos - Main
No items in this gallery.

Who: Denny & Diane DeRanek
Port: Stuart, Fl