Rich and Kelly Rae's Excellent Adventures

The Eighth Cruise of the Starship Kelly Rae - Boldly Going Where Lots of People Have Gone Before. But We Haven't - So it is a Great Adventure!

28 October 2017
26 June 2017 | Canso, Nova Scotia
27 May 2017
08 May 2017
27 March 2017
25 February 2017
10 January 2017
02 January 2017
21 December 2016
21 November 2016
21 November 2016
01 May 2016
01 May 2016

Fantasy Island, Roatan, Honduras

11 May 2014
I made the 30 mile long hop from Guanaja to Roatan on Tuesday and it was a perfect spinnaker day. I have covered a fair number of miles since leaving Trinidad last October (have not yet checked exactly how many) but this was the first time that the big girl got to come out of the cockpit locker for a bit of play time.

There are many things that I enjoy about a spinnaker day. First, the relatively calm winds make for quiet, comfortable seas. Second, Jennifer Gennaker is just so damn pretty. Third, it is very easy sailing. But most important, with Jennifer flying KR and I can actually beat other boats to the landfall (assuming that they don’t have spinnakers as well, of course). On this particular day two boats had left El Bite more than an hour before KR’s anchor was up. We passed one of the boats about 2/3 of the way across and caught the other just as we approached Jonesville.

Nice.
Comments
Vessel Name: Kelly Rae
Vessel Make/Model: Pacific Seacraft Crealock 34
Hailing Port: Grand Lake, Colorado
Crew: Rich Simpson
About: Cee Cee the Sailor Dog