Voyages of Liberte

26 December 2012
25 March 2012
25 March 2012
25 March 2012
25 March 2012
25 March 2012
25 March 2012
25 March 2012
03 March 2012
03 March 2012
27 February 2012
27 February 2012
27 February 2012
27 February 2012
27 February 2012
27 February 2012
27 February 2012
27 February 2012
27 February 2012

Marina Puerto Los Cabos

17 November 2009
Big day for Liberte today - many boat projects accomplished. We're at Marina Puerto Los Cabos, www.marinapuertoloscabos.com. Extremely helpful staff and management, and a welcome stop along our route. Today Liberte got a proper cleanup inside and out, including a good freshwater boat bath - the Mistress likes that. Thanks to Scott for the spit and shine! The marina has mostly fishing boats, but we've made friends with a couple fellow cruisers, including our next door neighbor, Eric on his Cal 33 'Secret Agent Man.' He's a young guy who is singlehanding down from Seattle, bound for Australia. Great boat name! He came over for dinner and played his carbon fiber guitar. He told us some good stories of his trip down, including catching a small white shark on his fishing tackle, then wondering how the heck to get his favorite lure back. (Eventually the shark shook loose). Other cruisers we met today are Wytie and Sally on 'Reality Check,' an Island Packet 42.

And a very happy birthday to Ginjer, who turned 25 yesterday enroute here. We had a splendid birthday sail, which turned into a raging Norther on the nose. Hey, when cruising, why not just turn the boat downwind and turn up the music?! Who's in a hurry to get anywhere? That's how we found ourselves in this fortuitous place. Even better when great friends Tom and Patty called to say 'we're here!' AWESOME! Wow guys, what a great lunch at Tropicana, and then some serious power shopping at Mega store. Rebecca's eyes definitely lit up when she saw the wonderous goods available in many shiny displays. Provisioning - SORTED. Again, the marina staff was very helpful in getting our groceries back to the boat.

Sammy the boat dog has found a routine which involves sleeping in, then going ashore in the kayak for a morning beach run, then returning for treats, maybe a nap or bark at the dolphins, some sailing, then another nap and explore a new island. In between is a lot of scratching on the ears from the crew. She is a big proponent of this routine.

Okay, so tomorrow, the Norther should be light and we'll leave early to get some north progress to Los Frailles and Calbo Pulmo Marine Park, the last living hard coral reef in west North America. Heading in the general direction of La Paz, but not in too big a hurry, of course.

The boat is filled with amazing flavors and smells from the fresh produce on board. Off we go.

Comments
Vessel Name: Liberte
Vessel Make/Model: Beneteau 361
Hailing Port: Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, USA
Crew: David and Rebecca Kilmer
About: We circumnavigated Vancouver Island in 2009 and then headed south "where the weather suits our clothes." We're cruising the warm waters in season, always interested in the next new port of call.
Extra: Here's where we are: http://goo.gl/uI4dST

Who: David and Rebecca Kilmer
Port: Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, USA