04 October 2012 | Seattle, WA
03 April 2012 | In Cold Storage
25 July 2011 | Somers, Montana
23 June 2011 | Dayton, MT
24 May 2011 | Dayton, MT
16 December 2010 | From A Far Warmer Climate
08 December 2010 | St Vincent and the Grenadines

Round Two Begins!

24 May 2011 | Dayton, MT
rainy, cold, not summer
First day back with LG today. My dad is here for the week helping with a few spring projects on the boat (and if the weather improves, do some hiking). After running around town grabbing a few supplies we drove down to Dayton Yacht Harbor to say hello to the yacht. The cover over the cockpit came off first for access to inside, then I hooked up the batteries and turned on a generator to get them charging. The rest of the short day was spent measuring up the floor and the forward settee so that it can be repaired. Also looked at sizes for a new water tank to fit into the bilge.
The projects continue tomorrow. If it's nice I'll take the rest of the cover off and start doing the work inside along with taking shrouds off and maybe a few engines pieces. Some other exciting news is that I got an old tiller pilot off another boat. Going to try and see if I can it to work and fitted to the little yacht.
Looking forward to getting back out sailing. The lake is still five feet down. This could take awhile...
Comments
Vessel Name: Looking Glass
Vessel Make/Model: Pacific Seacraft 25
Hailing Port: Seattle, WA
Social:

Port: Seattle, WA