SV Northfork

08 May 2012
18 March 2012
22 January 2012 | USA
10 October 2011
28 August 2011 | Vanuatu/USA
20 August 2011 | Port Vila, Vanuatu & USA
29 July 2011 | Port Denarau, Fiji
25 July 2011 | Port Denarau, Fiji
25 July 2011 | Port Denarau, Fiji
24 July 2011 | Port Denarau, Fiji
22 July 2011 | Fiji
19 July 2011 | Port Denarau, Fiji
18 July 2011 | Port Denarau, Fiji
15 July 2011 | Port Denarau, Fiji
12 July 2011 | Cloudbreak, Fiji
11 July 2011 | Malolo, Fiji
08 July 2011 | Malolo, Fiji
04 July 2011 | Port Denarau, Fiji
04 July 2011 | Port Denarau, Fiji
07 June 2011 | Plantation Island, Fiji

Thanksgiving

25 November 2010 | Opua, NZ
Dana
While Thanksgiving is just getting going in the US our day is ending in New Zealand. It wasn't a traditional day but we did have friends to celebrate with which was nice. Most of the day was spent prepping the boat for tomorrows sail to NZ (hopefully - we haven't checked weather yet). Mark checked all the engine fluids and cleaned up the cockpit. I ran to town to the post-office. We apparently transferred ownership of our car but didn't actually register it. Go figure. I picked up our outboard which was being overhauled. We tried to close out all of our bills with our various repair people but weren't to successful. The guy we've been working with at the marine shop wasn't in and the welder that we have fabricating some screws for us hadn't gotten to them. I really hope he gets to them in the AM cause we are planning to get out of here and he's had the stuff for over a week.

Dinner was at the Opua Cruising Club. Tickets for the dinner were a little expensive especially because we had to bring a dessert but we found out that a 7lb turkey here costs $55NZ about $44US. They apparently import them from the US even though they have tons of wild one's running around. Mark and I arrived a little early but it was okay because one of the mothers from another boat had brought a craft project and the members of Emily Grace (Tom, Kim, and Emily) were helping to make paper turkeys for the table. I, of course, never pass up the chance for an art project so I jumped right in and helped out. We had fun making them for sure and they were a great addition to the table. Dinner was great tasting but still not the same as being at home. First, it's spring here so everything is blooming and it's getting warmer. Second, we didn't eat till almost 8:00 and unlike at home where that probably wouldn't be an issue because of all the appetizers and snacking during the day we didn't have that so we were all pretty hungry. Third, there were no mashed potatoes or real stuffing so we were missing a few key items. Fourth, there were no seconds or leftovers - what good it Thanksgiving without leftovers? Fifth, we had lots of desserts but hardly any pie. I didn't bring a pie because I thought a lot of people would. Now I think I'll have to make a pie in the next few days. But the desserts were great and we did have a lot of variety. And finally, no football.

We did however have great company. We sat with Leu Cat, A Cappella, Anton, and a new boat that we hadn't met before Scream. It was nice to be with people that we can enjoy and laugh with on a holiday.

This year I'm thankful for a lot of things my family and friends back home that support us while we are so far away, that Mark and I were married, that we get to travel and see the world, that we have made friends out here that we truly enjoy, but mostly that we have sailed some 10,000 miles this year and have made it safely to New Zealand across an ocean and through many foreign ports. We have truly be blessed this year.
Comments
Vessel Name: Northfork
Vessel Make/Model: Amel Super Maramu 2000
Hailing Port: Incline Village
Crew: Mark, Dana
About:
Mark and Dana set out in June of 2008. We have sailed the Eastern Seaboard of the US, down through the Caribbean, through the Panama Canal, and crossed the Pacific Ocean to NZ where we spent six months for the cyclone season. We are now back out in the Pacific Islands and heading toward Australia. [...]

Mark & Dana

Who: Mark, Dana
Port: Incline Village
Copyright ©  2010 SV Northfork All Rights Reserved
We shall have no liability to any person for the content, accuracy or reliability of SVNorthfork blog.