SV Northfork

08 May 2012
18 March 2012
22 January 2012 | USA
10 October 2011
28 August 2011 | Vanuatu/USA
20 August 2011 | Port Vila, Vanuatu & USA
29 July 2011 | Port Denarau, Fiji
25 July 2011 | Port Denarau, Fiji
25 July 2011 | Port Denarau, Fiji
24 July 2011 | Port Denarau, Fiji
22 July 2011 | Fiji
19 July 2011 | Port Denarau, Fiji
18 July 2011 | Port Denarau, Fiji
15 July 2011 | Port Denarau, Fiji
12 July 2011 | Cloudbreak, Fiji
11 July 2011 | Malolo, Fiji
08 July 2011 | Malolo, Fiji
04 July 2011 | Port Denarau, Fiji
04 July 2011 | Port Denarau, Fiji
07 June 2011 | Plantation Island, Fiji

Cye's Here!!!

20 April 2011 | Auckland, New Zealand
Dana
One of my best friends from college, Cye, arrived yesterday morning. I got up early took the bus to the airport to get him. After returning to the boat we had lunch with Mark and then Mark headed off to do boat errands and I got to have an walk all around the city. Cye and I just started walking and came across all sorts of stores. We basically walked around the city and in-and-out of stores for about 3 hours just chatting and enjoying the day. We then did a little BBQ on the boat and relaxed for the evening.

Today was another long day. Mark stayed with the boat and did some more general maintenance while Cye and I got up early and took the bus down to Tauranga. We walked across the bridge to the marina and picked-up our car that we left down there when we sailed up last week. We then ran an errand and quick lunch before heading up to Hobbiton. We got lucky because we arrived at about 2:40 and the 2:30 tour was running late so we got to take it and not have to wait a whole hour for the next one. I would love to give you a play-by-play and put up tons of pics but well they consider it an active film set since The Hobbit will be filming there shortly and therefore I cannot. What I can say is that it was awesome and we had so much fun. We are so glad we got to see it just about ready for filming. I should also say just how appropriate it was that I got to do this with Cye. The movies all came out when we were in college and we hit up the midnight showings of all of them together with a few other friends. It must have been fate that I didn't get to do it before they were supposed to start the filming in February and then the filming got delayed allowing us to go now. If you ever get to NZ it is a must see. I feel I can now leave NZ fully satisfied. After the tour we got to see a sheep shearing presentation and feed four baby lambs that are only 14 days old. They were so cute and we had a great time. After our LOTR adventure we drove the 2+ hours back to Auckland, took a trip to the grocery store, and made a great pasta dinner. Let's just say I'm pretty sure Mark and I are going to eat well over the next month....sorry aunt Pam for stealing your personal chef but I'm glad to have him!

Comments
Vessel Name: Northfork
Vessel Make/Model: Amel Super Maramu 2000
Hailing Port: Incline Village
Crew: Mark, Dana
About:
Mark and Dana set out in June of 2008. We have sailed the Eastern Seaboard of the US, down through the Caribbean, through the Panama Canal, and crossed the Pacific Ocean to NZ where we spent six months for the cyclone season. We are now back out in the Pacific Islands and heading toward Australia. [...]

Mark & Dana

Who: Mark, Dana
Port: Incline Village
Copyright ©  2010 SV Northfork All Rights Reserved
We shall have no liability to any person for the content, accuracy or reliability of SVNorthfork blog.