Pegasus - UK to Australia

Who: Sally and Hamish
Port: Lymington, UK
27 December 2010 | Gold Coast, Australia
11 October 2010 | Albufeira, Portugal
06 September 2010 | Portugal
28 August 2010 | Portimao, Portugal
27 August 2010 | Portimao, Portugal
23 August 2010 | Portimao, Portugal
12 August 2010 | Cascais, Portugal
10 August 2010 | Camarinas, Spain
08 August 2010 | Camarinas, Spain
02 August 2010 | Portsmouth
24 July 2010 | Lymington
23 July 2010 | Lymington, UK
20 July 2010 | Lymington
17 June 2010
16 June 2010 | Lymington
07 June 2010
10 May 2010
27 April 2010 | London, UK
20 April 2010 | Lymington, UK
09 April 2010 | London, UK

Visitors

28 August 2010 | Portimao, Portugal
Author: Sally
We had our good friends James and Claire join us for a weeks holiday this week - precious time from their annual leave.
They joined us in Portimao which we spent a few days lazing around on the beaches and cafe's eating Gelato's (which has come to be a daily occurance if we are ashore). We also had a meal at what we thought was going to be a local and inexpesive, but well known fish restaurant. It turned out to be fantastic food - but of course everything good comes at a price. Be warned, if you are in the Portimao / Ferragudo area, Sueste Restuarant has excellent food and service - but you do pay for it!

We then sailed across from Portimao to Albufeira stopping on the way to have lunch just outside some caves and the boys went exploring in the dinghy, after we had all had a swim off the back of the boat - Water temp was about 24degrees, so quite nice.

They came back to get Claire and I, and we captured on video one place that was really special. The landing was a little unexpected, as James forgot his role in jumping out of the boat to help us ashore, so we nearly rolled it on an incoming wave, but we were all laughing too hard to get out and do anything about it!

Once in Albuferia, we had a day inland exploring a town called Loule, exploring the streets and having some lunch, then we also went on to Vilamoura beach and had a swim to wash off the heat of the day, which was fantastic.

We left Albufeira the next morning, and managed to get the spinnaker out for a while in the light winds and the boys jumped off the back to have a swim since we were doing a total of 1.5knots! Once they were in and dragging off some ropes we had tied on, the speed pretty much dropped to nothing but fun was had all round.

A week passed very quickly, and we dropped James and Claire back off in Portimao to fly back to London and the rain.. while we left the next day to go to Isla de Culatra.

For more pictures, visit the Photo gallery!
Comments
Vessel Name: Pegasus
Vessel Make/Model: 2002 Beneteau 50
Hailing Port: Lymington, UK
Crew: Sally and Hamish
About:
S [...]
Extra:
Sailing around the world has always been something that Hamish has wanted to do, but never thought the opportunity would arise. He has sailed since a very young age on his father’s yacht on Lake Te Anau, New Zealand and a lot of dingy sailing at school in Australia. He has also owned a couple [...]

Who: Sally and Hamish
Port: Lymington, UK
Site Meter