s/v Solstice

John and Shirlee's incredible adventure

10 December 2009 | Cartagena, Spain
11 October 2007 | Long Beach, CA
10 October 2007 | Long Beach, CA
08 October 2007 | Lala land
07 October 2007 | Oxnard, CA
06 October 2007 | Oxnard, CA
04 October 2007
04 October 2007
03 October 2007 | Oxnard, CA
02 October 2007
30 September 2007
27 September 2007 | Morro Bay, CA
25 September 2007
23 September 2007
22 September 2007
20 September 2007 | Monterey, CA
18 September 2007 | Monterey, CA
15 September 2007 | Emeryville, CA
14 September 2007 | Emeryville, CA
12 September 2007 | Emeryville, CA

Oxnard, California

02 October 2007
After Cojo Anchorage, we motor-sailed over to San Miguel in the Channel Islands. As we were coming into Cuyler Harbor to anchor, a huge motor yacht practically ran us over in order to beat us to the best anchorage. We didn't have any trouble setting our anchor in a more exposed location, but we sure were glad to have such heavy-duty ground tackle because the wind picked up quite a bit, and we were definitely rocking and rolling all night.

In the morning we had a nice sail to Santa Cruz Island and Coches Prietos Anchorage. It was the quietest anchorage we'd had in several days and very pretty. Most of the waves were caused by dive boats (like the one that beat us out of our spot at Cuyler Harbor) bringing people in for night dives.

This morning M�rzen woke me up early with her crying. She'd thrown up in her bed, and she hasn't been able to keep anything down since last night. She even turned her nose up at the Tillamook cheese I used to hide another half a Benadryl. That's a sick puppy! So we decided to skip Anacapa Island and motored over to Oxnard (Channel Islands Harbor). We're taking her to the vet here in a little bit.
Comments
Vessel Name: Solstice
Vessel Make/Model: Sceptre 41
Hailing Port: San Francisco, CA, USA
Crew: John Forbes and Shirlee Smith
About: Our crew is Märzen (our miniature dachshund) and whoever else is aboard at the moment, if anyone. We welcome friends and family to join us as crew for specific legs of our voyage or to visit at a destination.
Extra: We left San Francisco May 1, 2006, on our proposed 10-year voyage, now reduced to five years due to the economic crisis. Visit our home website for photos, more words, and links.
Home Page: https://www.svsolstice.com