Sound Effect does the big U

14 November 2012
23 April 2012 | Punta Gorda
13 April 2012 | Gasparilla
12 April 2012 | Gasparilla Marina
04 April 2012 | Gasparilla marina
03 April 2012 | Gasparilla Marina
01 April 2012 | Gasparilla Marina florida
30 March 2012 | Gasparilla Marina
27 March 2012 | Gasparilla Marina
21 March 2012 | Gasparilla Marina
13 March 2012
12 March 2012
10 March 2012 | Cancun area
09 March 2012 | Quintana Roo
07 March 2012 | El Cid
03 March 2012 | Marina El Cid
03 March 2012 | Puerto Morales
01 March 2012 | Puerto Morales Mexico
28 February 2012
24 February 2012 | Texan Bay

guests on the dock

08 September 2010
Still in Monterey, today doing the tourist bit today Cannery row and the Monterey Aquarium. Upscale jewelry, T shirt shops and ice cream... after a while it all looks the same. The aquarium is very nice, but $30 a piece to get in was high when you consider that it is a non profit, and much of the staff is unpaid volunteers. I guess the proceeds go into research.
Connie and I were eating our dinner in the cockpit later this evening and a Momma sea otter and young pup came by off the stern of the boat and we got a better sea otter experience than at the aquarium because there was no glass wall in between. The pup would cry like any baby when the mamma would leave him alone floating as she dove to get some food.
Not so nice arer the sea lions... that is the guest on the dock pix. So far we have been lucky in our slip but they don't want to get off the dock when you come in They are noisy barking, smell terrible and a little intimidating at about 1000 lbs.
Connie is worried one will jump up on our boat on the back swim ladder... we will keep you posted.
Tommorrow weather permitting we leave for Morro Bay. There is a bar crossing and we want slack water and daylight so we are leaving after lunch plan to sail through the night and arrive the following afternoon.
So I will most likely not post again until Friday or Saturday.

Met some more Ha Ha people today off Hotel California, Full Shell, Di's Dream, and Valparaiso....... I have to laugh I am re reading Horatio Hornblower which is british navy in the time of Napoleanic wars, and when the skipper goes across into battle he yells the name of the their ship, or if he is announced visiting another vessel the coxswain yells up from the gig the name of their vessel. Well that is what we do now too... we call people by their boat names...We are at a gathering and someone says who are you we don't say Jim and Connie.. we say Sound Effect! We did that tonite and people said oh I know you I saw you at Encinal Yacht club.. they mean they saw the boat.
Comments
Vessel Name: Sound Effect
Vessel Make/Model: Dufour385
Hailing Port: Tacoma WA
Crew: Jim & Connie Merritt
About: Jim and Connie have been sailing since 1975 and have owned four different boats. Racing and cruising Puget Sound Jim has earned a 100 Ton Coast Guard License and US sailing instructor credentials
Extra: Dreaming about full time cruising for20yrs, Jim and Connie have been actively planning for 5 years since participating in the 2005 BaJa Ha Ha

Who: Jim & Connie Merritt
Port: Tacoma WA