SV THIRD DAY

Following a 4 year Cruise in Mexico, the Boren Family is living aboard in Morro Bay, CA for the kids to attend Morro Bay High School. Once that is done....who knows....

19 August 2016
31 May 2016
15 May 2016 | The Deck Project Day 1
11 March 2016
23 February 2016 | Morro Bay
13 December 2015 | Port San Luis, CA
27 September 2015
29 July 2015
17 July 2015 | Port San Luis, CA
04 April 2015 | Confessions of a Live Aboard Hobo
08 February 2015 | One Nnight Taco Stand
06 January 2015 | Talking about RO Membranes
23 December 2014
08 December 2014 | Rich was playing with the Camera Again
01 November 2014 | Or 2 Years Back in the States
08 September 2014 | Is it safe in an Anchorage
02 September 2014
09 August 2014 | 2900 Mile Round Trip

On Cruiser Time

17 November 2008 | Slowing down, throwing out the schedule, and having a blast
Capt Rich
We are now two days in Bahia De Los Suenos (Bay of Dreams) longer than we had planned. The question we are slowly learning to answer is: Why leave when everyone is having a great time? La Paz will be there when we finally get there, and our friends are here now, and they won't be later, so we decided to not rush off and miss the perfect moment.

One of the interesting adjustments to make when cruising is to realize that you have tomorrow and even all of next week, if needed, to enjoy an area. Unlike a normal vacation, where you feel compelled to squeeze as many sights into as short of a time frame as possible, cruising lets you not just scratch the surface of an area but really dig in and get to know the people as well as the location. The manager of the resort, Jerry and his wife are from Mexico City and just moved here a few months ago to run this wonderful oasis on the bay. You would be hard pressed to find nicer people. With no guests currently in this beautiful place, he has opened the doors of the truly 5 star resort to the 20 or so cruising boats that are here. This isn't a mega hotel like you would find in Cancun, but a high end resort where each guest gets their own private casita complete with their own pool and patio with a million dollar view of the bay. With only 6 casitas on the property, don't look for the cattle car internet deal seekers here, because if you have to ask the price, then you can't afford it. For the last few days, however, our price has been a few margaritas.

Our current plan is to pull anchor early Wednesday morning and head for the islands just out of La Paz for a day or so before heading into the "big city" of La Paz.

Amy went over to Bay Wolf again this morning for school with Miya. The girls study well together and it gives them an opportunity to see that other kids have to do their work as well before they can spend the rest of the day snorkeling! Jason has been working with Mom to get his work done. His incentive to complete his math sheets is that he will get to wear Lori's fins for snorkeling, as he lost one of his in Bahia Los Frailes.

I was able to have a great radio contact with Vern tonight and he was able to do a phone patch in my parents, and it was nice to talk to them and let them know we are still alive and doing well. It will really be nice to have some family come down and visit.so hint.hint.we will be in La Paz for Thanksgiving and always have room for family and friends to come and visit!

We may be one of the smaller boats in the anchorage, but the word gets out rather quickly that we have the largest watermaker in the bay at around 45gals/hr. I can at least say something of mine is bigger or faster than yours.because it sure isn't THIRD DAY's sailing speed!

So far if I had to compare what I thought cruising would be like to what it is actually like, I would have to say that it is harder than we thought but at the same time dramatically more rewarding and just flat out fun. The sun seems to rise and then set before we have time to get done even half of what we talked about doing at breakfast. Who would have thought that cruising would keep you busier than "normal" land life? We sure didn't, and that's the exact feeling that Lori and I have and talk about all the time. In a way we are asking each other and other cruisers if there is some secret that we haven't figured out yet to make time slow down so that we can get things done. I think I know the answer, but after 18 years of 65hr work weeks, it's hard to slow down and not expect ones self to fire through any "to-do-list" like a machine gun. Here you don't get points for finishing something fast; infact, there is more honor in the cruising community in taking your time with a project or passage. I'm sure we will gradually slip into "manana mode" as they call it down here in Mexico, but like everything else I've done in life, I don't want to wait for "manana" or tomorrow. I feel the need to do it NOW! So as part of my therapy, I won't head over to the SSB Ham Radio and email off this blog post tonight, I'll wait until the morning, because it will still be here on the computer, and these amazing stars will be gone as will this perfect moment in time made to not be wasted or rushed through.

(This post was made over the Ham Radio, so no photos could be uploaded, but I've been taking them, and will update the photos when I get a real internet connection)
Comments
Vessel Name: THIRD DAY
Vessel Make/Model: 1977 Hudson Force 50
Hailing Port: Morro Bay, California USA
Crew: The Boren Family: Rich, Lori, Amy, Jason and Cortez the Cat
About: Admiral: Lori Boren, Master: Jason Boren age 16, 1st Mate: Amy Boren age 17
Extra:
And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place and let the dry land appear: and it was so. And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas; and God saw that it was good...... and the evening and the morning were the THIRD [...]
Home Page: http://www.cruiserowaterandpower.com/
Social:
THIRD DAY's Photos - SV THIRD DAY (Main)
Photos 1 to 3 of 3
1
Laundry Day aboard THIRD DAY in Marina De La Paz
View of THIRD DAY in marina de La Paz 1
View of THIRD DAY in marina de La Paz 2
 
1
Images of one of our favorite anchorages
11 Photos
Created 15 October 2009
A tour of THIRD DAY's galley.
10 Photos
Created 16 August 2009
Photos of our new LED cabinn lights that use 1/10th the amount of power as our old school halogens.
4 Photos | 1 Sub-Album
Created 28 July 2009
Welding work in La Paz
5 Photos
Created 27 July 2009
Images taken around Santa Rosilia
7 Photos
Created 27 July 2009
Photo Essay of the last two weeks at sea without internet access
6 Photos
Created 11 June 2009
Images of the Cruising Kids
3 Photos
Created 20 May 2009
When you buy a 28yr old boat with the plans of a multi-year cruise, you have lots of work!
6 Photos
Created 27 January 2008