Around the world with S/V Zephyr

The adventures of Bill & Tracy as they fulfill their lifes dream of sailing the world. We've dreamed of this for years and now is the time while the health is still good and there is money in the kitty to make it come true.

18 January 2018 | Marina Chahue, Huatulco, Mexico
15 January 2018 | Marina Chahue, Huatulco, Mexico
14 January 2018 | Marina Chahue, Huatulco, Mexico
12 January 2018 | Marina Chahue, Huatulco, Mexico
10 January 2018 | Marina Chahue, Huatulco, Mexico
08 January 2018 | 16 09.960N::-095 00.010W
06 January 2018 | 15 48.517N::-093 37.521W
03 January 2018 | Bahia Del Sol, El Salvador
01 January 2018 | Bahia Del Sol, El Salvador
31 December 2017 | Bahia Del Sol, El Salvador
31 December 2017 | Bahia Del Sol, El Salvador
31 December 2017 | Bahia Del Sol, El Salvador
31 December 2017 | Bahia Del Sol, El Salvador
31 December 2017 | Bahia Del Sol, El Salvador
31 December 2017 | Bahia Del Sol, El Salvador
31 December 2017 | Bahia Del Sol, El Salvador
31 December 2017 | Bahia Del Sol, El Salvador
30 December 2017 | Bahia Del Sol, El Salvador
28 December 2017 | Bahia Del Sol, El Salvador
28 December 2017 | Bahia Del Sol, El Salvador

Laundry and anchor chain

18 January 2018 | Marina Chahue, Huatulco, Mexico
Bill/Sunny and hot
It's now Thursday and it's been a busy last two days. Yesterday we decided it was time to get the laundry done. Earlier in the week, we'd stopped at the laundromat at one of the local big box stores(it's a smaller store in the front of the bigger grocery store). They offered laundry service that either you could do for yourself or they would do it, so we loaded up our laundry and got a cab and headed in. Once at the laundromat, we were told that we couldn't do the laundry ourselves even though that was what we had been told and read in their pamphlet. It had to be done by them(more expensive)and when Tracy asked if it would be done today or tomorrow, we were told "Oh no, it will be next week before you get it back"!!! We put the bag back on our cart, bought a few things and headed back to Zephyr. It was time to pull out our "Wonder Washer" and get at it. A Wonder Washer is like a 2.5 gallon plastic drum mounted on a rack so it can be spun to agitate the clothes. While Tracy was getting everything set up, I was stringing line all over the forward section of the deck. Out came the clothes wringer and it got mounted on the stern life line rail and clamped on. Out came the clothes, put through the wringer and them hung on the line. It's so dry here, it doesn't take long for them to dry plus there was a nice breeze to help. It took a couple of hours to do it all and a few more to everything to dry but we have nice clean clothes again and the drawers are full.
Today, it was time to pull all our anchor chain out of the forward locker and get it straightened out. For years, as we drop the anchor and pull it back up, it slowly gets a clockwise twist to the chain that over time, makes it darn near impossible to get the chain out of the locker. We last did it in Trinidad when we changed out our chain. With all the anchoring we did in the Virgins and elsewhere, it was well past time. I untied the anchor and lowered it to the dock and then slowly pulled out the chain. At about 200 feet, it had so many twists to it that we had to pull the chain out of the back of the locker and onto the deck and untwist it from the back end till it was straight again. Then it was put back in the locker and I pulled it the rest of the way off at the bow and onto the dock. I took our hose and washed and washed getting lots of dirt and coral off the chain and slowly untwisted the chain. As I got a 30 foot section straightened out, Tracy push on the windlass button and it slowly went back into the anchor locker. Then I had to go back aboard and with a boat hook, pull the chain to the deepest part of anchor locker. Where the chain enters the locker is far forward of the deepest part so I have to rake it back to the back of the locker every 30 feet or so. Over and over we did this. Pull in some, untwist some, pull in more, over and over till we got to the anchor where we could untwist what was left with the chain swivel that mounted to the anchor. In all, about a three hour, hot as sweaty job that I'm glad is over till the next time.
At this time, we are thinking of leaving and heading North on Saturday. Winds and current look good for the next portion of our journey. Where we will stop, it could be Acapulco or Zihuatanejo but we don't know as of now with maybe a few more stops in between.

Cooking class in Huatulco

15 January 2018 | Marina Chahue, Huatulco, Mexico
Bill/ sunny and getting warmer
It's now Sunday at 1430 and we are back from the Wahaca Cooking School. They picked us up(well, stuck us in a cab) and off we went. The owner, Alfredo was in his own car and took off to pickup the others in the class, seven ladies from California. We all met at his class palapa quite a ways from the marina, far east near the big resorts. A big open air area with just a few tables and a kitchen to cook in. The menu today was for Green Mole, Black Mole, tortillas and Tamales. Making tamales is quite the production with many different veggies needing skinned and diced as well as the seeds in jalapeños and serano chills being properly prepared(all the seeds taken out) and then sliced and stuck in a blender and reduced to a slush. As for the jalapeño seeds, they got roasted on a huge flat metal pan over a propane stove till they turned black and the nput in water to hydrate. Lots of veggies were put in blenders till well pulverized and mixed with other veggies. The chillies were roasted till darkened and the put in water and later into a blender to be pulverized. It was quite the production to make these different mole sauces. They already had pots boiling away with a chicken carcass and chunks of beef getting cooked and tenderized when we got there. With seven others joining us, it was a great class.
We slowly made the different Moles and the corn tortillas(fired on a metal plate) and then cheese enchiladas using Oaxaca string cheese that were coated in the mole sauce when done. Some green and some black. The black Mole has chocolate mixed in it for a more smoky flavor.
Once the chicken and beef were done, we stripped all the meat off the bones and set aside as we prepared the banana leaves and corn husks for the tamales. Some were made with chicken and either the black or green mole and some were made with the beef and different moles. These were all laid inside a big stone ware pot on a layer of wooden sticks to keep them off the bottom and slowly steamed till done, about 50 minutes since there were so many. Meanwhile, we all ate the enchiladas and drank beer or marguerites to set the mood. It was a great group of people all having fun trying new things. The great thing was that they were staying in a hotel and we on a boat so we got to take all the left over tamales back for another meal.
The cab picked us up just after 1400 and we were back on board by 1430, safe and sound and with FULL tummies. At just $75US, it was well worth the money. Will we ever make them again, who knows. It depends of the availability of ingredients and of course the time.
Pictures of the class will be posted soon.

Getting propane and Soriana

14 January 2018 | Marina Chahue, Huatulco, Mexico
Bill/sunny and warming up!
We sort of slept in this morning(Friday), not getting up till 0830. Unheard of! After a quick breakfast, I tried to call the cab driver that took us to the Capitania de Puerto to give me a ride to Gas de Oaxaca. We needed one of our two propane tanks filled. It had run out when we were in Shelter Bay in Panama. We weren't in El Salvador long enough nor did we have a "gas permit" to allow us to have our tank filled so now it was time to get it taken care of. The cab driver didn't answer his phone so I went to the office and had them call a driver. Cost=$30 pesos each way=Total of $3.00US for the trip. The driver came right to the marina and off we went after first confirming the cost(always do that before you ever leave where you get in). It appears that $30 pesos is the standard fare as long as you stay in town and it doesn't matter how far you go. It was $30 from the marina to the Capitania de Puerto and the same for a trip only half as far on the way back.
My driver zipped right along and we were at the converted gasoline station getting the tank filled in next to no time. It's located on the far north side of town, far away from any homes(boom!). Cost?==$137 pesos or just $7.12, the cheapest we've had our tanks filled for years. I though the $10 I paid in Curacao many months ago. With a nice filled tank, we returned to the marina.
Earlier in the day, as I was taking our trash up to the trash cubicle, I was approached by one of the security guards. He wanted to inspect what I was taking up. They have rules about what they will and won't take. They will take used oil but no filters. What you do with them is a quandary.
Once back at Zephyr, I found Tracy out on deck finally giving Zephyr a much deserved shower. She had salt caked all over the place from spray and bad waves and was in desperate need of attention. Even the forestaysail got a washing. Spray it with water, pull it up some, spray more, over and over till it was all the way up and then let it dry in the breeze. All lines got a good washing down as did the dodger and bimini. She's looking much better and there is no longer a crust all over her.
It's time for lunch and it looks like we are going to have tortillas filled with Chilorio, a seasoned pork meat that we have had on board for years having traded for it with another cruiser as we crossed the Pacific. They had bought the wrong stuff and the husband didn't like it so it was an easy trade. We've slowly gone through it as the years passed and we are down to the last can(expired in January 2015 but who cares). We found it again at the market yesterday and it now comes in sealed pouches, no longer in cans. Chili preserves just about everything and heck there isn't any rust on the can. Yumm!
This afternoon, a quick shower at the outdoor cold water shower stall up at the marina(no hot water is available).

It's now Sunday morning and we are up getting ready for our cooking class. As I wrote in earlier posts, it's cold here in the morning and Tracy has long pants, a sweatshirt and socks on and is still cold. We're sitting in the cockpit in the Sun to get warmed up. It's 70 degrees!!! Even the kitties are out here trying to warm up. They both spent a good bit of the night trying to snuggle in with us last night. Everyones blood has thinned out over the last 8 years or so. At least the chill of the night leaves quickly here and it will be in the mid 80s in just a short time.
Yesterday morning, we grabbed a cab and headed for Soriana, another of the big box stores that sell just about everything. Another 30 pesos($1.50US and we were there. As you enter, they check your bags and put special tags on them that they were inspected. My inspection entailed simply turning my back toward the guard as he put a slip of paper through the straps of my back pack. Did he look inside the bag--no. Not sure what good the inspection does but everyone seems fine with it. Do they check on the way out when I might have snitched something--again no. We browsed around the aisles looking to see what this place had that SuperChe didn't and the biggest thing was lettuce. Here they had Romaine lettuce which Super Che didn't. Other than that, they were pretty much the same. As the fare to get to each is the same, I guess which we go to depends on wether we need lettuce of not. Cabs are plentiful here so finding one is never a problem.
I'll let you know how the cooking class is when we get back. They will be teaching us about different Moles as well as Tomales so it should be fun.

Settling in here in Mexico again.

12 January 2018 | Marina Chahue, Huatulco, Mexico
Bill/Sunny and hot
It's now Thursday and we are settling in. After yesterdays journey to Immigration, bank and the grocery store, I went back up to the marina office to finish checking in here. I knew we still needed to go to the Capitania de Puerto for the last bit of checking into Mexico. The marina office is closed from about 1300 to 1600 so I walked up once I saw their doors open to see about the Capitania de Puerto and get checked in here at the marina. I was met with "Oh, when you are going to leave, come up a day or so ahead and we can do the marina paperwork then"!! I know Mexico is laid back but not this laid back. Don't check into the marina till it's time to leave? OK, fine by me. As for going to the Capitania de Puerto? "Come and see me tomorrow and I'll show you where you need to go"(insert Mañana here). Again, fine by us. We will have to take a taxi as it's a bit of a walk and we sure want to stop back in at the grocery store to really top up on our old favorites that we have missed. Taxis aren't expensive but in the heat of the day, a necessity.
About 1730, we decided to head up to the restaurants/bar and have a beer. There are several restaurants here in the marina complex but nothing that screams out"BAR". We saw an upstairs to one of the buildings and it looks sort of like a bar so up we went to be greeted by the manager(Besame Mucho restaurant). He spoke enough English that it was easy to converse. "Where are you from?", Where are you going?"Is this your first time here in Huatalco?" We filled him in on our plans and then he told us that since we had just come in and it was the first time at his restaurant that the first drinks were on the house. Tracy ordered a glass of wine and I had a frozen Margarita. The manager was smart enough to put us along the railing so we could be seen from below, encouraging others to come up(smart business man). Have already looked at his menu(and feeling a bit guilty about the free booze)we ordered the Quesadillas with flanks steak(also called Arrachara). We'd fallen in love with Arrachara when we were last here and had thought of it many times over the years. He was thrilled that we wanted to order some food. One for each of us. Off he went and shortly, a server came by with our drinks and some bread sticks along with a seasoned butter and pesto(slightly spicy) to have on the bread. The music played in the background old favorites and the clouds drifted by above us along with just a slight breeze. We had the place to ourselves. Our Quesadillas showed up with steak and cheese and spices on the tortillas along with a healthy pile of chopped lettuce, carrots and onions to add to our Quesadillas. What they called Quesadillas was more of a soft tortilla taco which was just fine. With the Quesadillas came a special bit more spicy sauce to add to the mix on the tortillas. It was great!! Tracy had another glass of wine and I had a coke and we both continued on eating our unexpected dinner(we had just gone up for beers, remember). By the time we were finishing, a group of two had joined us along with another group of 7 so it was an active night for the place. Total cost was $335 pesos or $17.04 for everything! A great dinner at a really great price.
Once the office opens here, we will be heading for the Capitania de Puertos office to finalize everything and then hit the grocery stores and see if we can find a cell phone service store. The marina has free internet but having phone service would be nice. We also need to take our propane tank in for filling and that's going to take a taxi as the station is way out of town.

We're now back from finishing checking in with the Capitania de Puerto and hitting the Super Che grocery store as well as the local phone/internet place. We took off about 0900 and grabbed cab and headed into town(cost--$30 pesos=$1.50US). His office is right beside the other "marina" that's supposed to be here in Huatulco. We found it to not really be a "marina" but a water basin for the fishing and tourist boats. There were no slips, no docks, only lots of small boats for the tourists and the occasional scuba diver. We're both glad we didn't try to come in here as it would have been a waste of time and fuel. Marina Chahue has been great with nice restaurants and office people. It's also the cheapest marina we've seen in years at just $23US per night.
Once we found the Capitania de Puerto's office, he wasn't in but showed up about 5 minutes later along with two other officials. The Capitania spoke enough English to get us through the process but it was almost like none of the three officials had ever seen the forms for someone checking in from a foreign country. Papers were pulled from our pouch and copies, lots of copies were made and routinely stapled together and then we started in on their forms. Forms, forms and more forms. It does slow things down when no one is really sure what goes on what line and only one of the three men "understood" English. Officer Reyes was great to work with laid back in how we filled in the paperwork. In the end, we had to pay for our "tonnage" of what our documentation says our boat weighs--33 ton gross and 30 ton net. Both of these figures are incorrect but it's what's on the form so it's "official" We ended up giving him our credit card so they could charge==$434 peros or $22.55US. It's like a port fee to come into their port. We made sure to get receipts for every peso we paid so if they ask us to see a receipt, we have them. If not, well they can charge us all over again. It took a while but we finished just about 1100 and headed back to the main road for a cab but instead hiked to "Super Che". Exercise is supposed to be good for you.?. We'd been told it was the place to go for getting our phone up and running but instead, it was next door at Koppel. Here's the process. Look at what they offer(it's never what you want). Decide. Go to the cashier to buy the Simm card. Take the receipt back to the phone kiosk and then choose the plan again. As expected, the sales person, as cute as she could be, didn't understand nor speak any English so we had to wait for a translator. Once we snagged the man, all went smoothly. We'd chosen a plan for four gigs and unlimited calls inside Mexico and the United States and free Facebook(not that I care about that last one). Cost was $500 pesos, about $26.00US. Hand the money to the sales girl who rushes off for the cashier as we speak to the English speaking sales person. She returns with our new Simm card which gets installed and checked. OOPS, it doesn't work with our phone(shades of AT&T in the US Virgins). In the end, after swapping out a Simm card or two, they got it all set up and running and we were off again back to Super Che. Once we entered, we headed for the cafeteria near the back and had a quick lunch--Two pieces of chicken for me while Tracy had a slice of pepperoni pizza and two cokes. Cost, just over $3.50US! Now that our tummies were full, we lost that urge to splurge on buying more and more food to take back. That urge that comes with an empty stomach to buy buy buy what ever you see wether you need it or not but only because the box it comes in looks so inviting. I urge everyone to go grocery shopping this way--eat first, shop second. Did we buy a lot? Not really but we covered our bases and now we are better supplied. With us planning on taking a taxi back to the marina, we got lots of the heavy stuff--case of UHT milk for an example.
We're back and all unloaded with everything stowed so we don't look to bad. There is another "super" market if we head east and we may try it tomorrow. Heck, we haven't even washed the salt off poor Zephyr from the trip here, but after three days of working with assorted officials, we are at least finally checked into MEXICO!!!

Into Huatulco, Mexico.

10 January 2018 | Marina Chahue, Huatulco, Mexico
Bill/Cold nights and hot days!
We're almost done checking into Mexico. We got into Huatulco, or Bahia Santa Cruz yesterday after a twenty mile motor. Again, either there was no wind or it was from the wrong direction to help us get here. As we neared Huatulco, I got on the VHF and placed a call to Marina Chahue to see about a slip. Strangely, there was no response. On we pushed even though the charts we had said it was impossible for us to get in as(according to our charts) it gets down to just 1 foot deep! We pressed on with Tracy getting all the dock lines and fenders ready since we had no idea how we would be tying up at the dock. As we motored up the narrow rock lined channel(three feet under the keel), we saw the marina ahead of us and it looked quite crowded with boats. Suddenly we saw Police running down the dock and waving to us to go around the end of the dock and then they pointed out a slip. It was inside the marina and we had to go in a NARROW channel between two fingers of the marina to get to it and then slide into a space already crowded with a decent sized power boat! Oh, this was going to be FUN!!! I headed in as slow as I could and yet still maintaining forward momentum as the Police/Marina security put themselves so they could take our lines. I stayed as far out from the slip till I could make the turn to the right and head in. Now Zephyr has what's called "starboard prop walk". That means that when I put the transmission into reverse, it pulls the starboard/right stern side of the boat to the right. In this case, away from where we needed to slide into. This was going to be fun!! At least the winds were not blowing making it even harder. As I made the turn to the right and headed for the slip, Tracy threw out the forward dock lines to one of the men and then I turned the wheel hard to starboard and gunned the engine in forward gear. With the rudder hard to starboard, it pushed the stern to the port side nicely and with one of the dock men already having the forward lines, we slid right into the slip with other dock men taking the other lines. We were in as I put us in reverse to stop Zephyr!! The really strange thing is that the docks are so narrow that we have to use the cleats on the dock that are made for the boat beside us while he is using the cleats for our slip. Getting on and off our finger of the dock, we have to climb over a half dozen lines that tie up our boat as well as the boat in the next slip. It's like spider webs crisscrossing the marinas dock. I'd hate to do it drunk!
The security/dockmen directed us up the the office but Tracy had to stay on board. She wasn't allowed to come "ashore"! I was the "Captain" and while she maybe one of the owners, well, that's just not good enough and she had to stay there while I went up and started getting us checked into the marina and getting started with Immigration/Customs. The office manager(speaks some English)sent a message to I think the Port Captain and he showed up about 20 minutes later. The office manager made copies of lots of our paperwork so she would have them ready for the Port Captain once he arrived.
When the Port Captain showed up, he sat down at his computer and sent out information emails to the other officials in their offices. To the Health Department, Agriculture Department, Customs and Immigration offices. All had to come and see us. Meanwhile, I returned to the boat and filled Tracy in on what was happening. Since we were not checked in, I couldn't check in to the marina. As it was, we are in just about the last slip they had available. As we finished lunch, down came the first two officials--Health and Agriculture. The Health Department rep is a doctor and she wanted to look at ALL our meds mainly to see if they were expired. She had a real problem with expired drugs(even Aspirin). She looked at our Med Kit box, specifically the Aspirin and sea sickness meds--all we expired and she advised is to get rid of them as they could cause a health problem if taken. This girl has no idea about getting drugs(of just about any kind)as you travel the world. We just walk into any Pharmacy and tell them what we want. No prescription is needed as we are "Cruisers" and have no doctors. Once done with out Med Kit, she looked at the medicine cabinet in the forward head and again shook her head at some of the meds we had there--again expired. We promised to try and get them replaced. She filled out her forms as the "Agriculture" official toured the boat asking about cheese, meats, etc to see what we had on board. No meat is allowed into the country unless it's from Mexico or was inspected in the US and came in as imports. We really have little and it's buried in the bottoms of our freezers(some from Singapore). I did show him lots of cans and jars of food we keep in the cabinets in the main salon and he was happy. He also looked(at a distance) at our two cats. Blue was having nothing to do with either of them and stayed in the stern stateroom with buggy eyes and I'm sure sweating like crazy. She doesn't like strangers on board "HER" boat. Next came Customs. He came on and stayed the shortest period of time, quickly filling out his forms and leaving, all the while trying to get the cats hair off his pants and shirt. He brushed and brushed and then went to the dock faucet to wet his hand and get more off. I guess he just doesn't like kitties. We still waited for Immigration. Since it was after 1300 and they close at 1300, we knew there was no chance they would be by but when I went up to the office to see about it(1400), they were closed--It's siesta time here in Mexico. She wasn't due back till at least 1600 and she finally showed up about 1620. We were right in that Immigration wasn't coming but they wanted us to come to them today(Wednesday) and get the forms filled out. We were to be there before 0900. Being prompt Americans, we left here for the 20 minute or so walk to the Immigration office only to find they don't even open till 0900 so we sat and waited. Just after 0900, they showed up and more forms got filled out and put in computer or had their pictures taken by phones. Once the forms were filled out, we were told where we had to go and pay our fees for coming into Mexico from a foreign country. It was a bank, about a 40 minute walk away. It took some time but we found the bank and waited in line again(45 minutes) before I could pay the $533peso fees that were due for each of us(just over $27US). The clerk gave us receipts and off we went headed back towards Immigration. Unfortunately, as we walked to the bank, we passed a huge grocery store that was just begging us to come in and see what they had. OK, Immigration was just going to have to wait. In we went and once in, we knew we were back in Mexico as we recognized familiar brand and old favorites from when we were here back in 2011. We picked up some Herndez Salsa Casera, some Limon cookies, a jug of Coke and some Campbells Chili Poblano soup, all favorites we wanted to indulge in again. We lugged them back to Immigration with Tracy staying away from the offices as we weren't sure how they would have liked us shopping for food before we were actually checked into the country.
Once back in the Immigration office, the paperwork was finished and I was out of there, meeting up with Tracy at the nearby hotel/plaza. We hiked the short distance back to the marina and had a wonderful lunch of the Chili Poblano soup with quesedilla have the Herndez Salsa and cheese in them. Now we have to wait till 1600 when the office opens back up again so we can actually get checked into the marina. We have to get our propane tank refilled and we want to find some cooking classes that are popular here in Huatulco.

Into the Gulfo De Tehuantwpec!

08 January 2018 | 16 09.960N::-095 00.010W
Last night as we motored along the coast, it was the coldest night we have felt in YEARS! Yesterday, we pulled up the anchor and moved a whole 15 miles to a place the charts said was a "designated anchorage" from where we had dropped the hook. Our forecast for crossing the gulf was for the quietest times to be last night and through today till tomorrow morning. For the first time, we sat at anchor and waited for the sun to go down before pulling up the anchor at 2030 and took off under motor again. While there was some wind, not enough to get us anywhere so we left all our sails down. With current, we were making good time and staying with"One foot on shore and one foot on the boat", we avoided most of the swells that can get nasty here. While the charts showed us to be in the 30 foot deep range, our depth sounder said it was much closer to 70 feet deep. Every place we have been, the chart depths are showing it to be much shallower than what it was. Starting at about 2100, we swapped out watch with much shorter intervals since we had rested a great deal of the day. It ended up at about 2 hours on and 2 hours off and they worked just fine. Tracy came up to relieve me at 0100 and I came up into the cockpit at 0300 to find her buried under two blankets, a fleece jacket and a ski style hat pulled down over her ears. It was COLD! Cold like we haven't experienced in years. She's even gone below and made some hot tea to try and warm up. Snowshoe(one of our cats) had snuggled in with her as well. He being a Persian with long hair had to help him but he must have been cold as well as he snuggled in with me once I got settled in. Tracy gave me her hat, and jacket before heading below to warm up in the engine warmed cabin. With Snowshoe snuggling in and the rest of the clothes Tracy left me(plus the two blankets) I was fine till Tracy came back up at 0500. When I came back on watch just after 0700, the blankets were all folded and stowed but she still had her jacket on. I know we've looked forward to getting back in Mexico for a while but hey, could they at least turn the heat back on after the sun goes down?!?!? At the speed we are going, we should be near Huatulco(15 46.052N:-096 05.500W) after the sun goes down so we will probably stop in Bahia Tangola Tangola( as it's a much more open bay to stop in as it will be less crowded. Meanwhile the winds and swells are cooperating for us. YEA!!
Vessel Name: Zephyr
Vessel Make/Model: Shin Fa 458
Hailing Port: Denver, Colorado
Crew: Bill & Tracy Hudson
About: We've been sailing since the early 80's on lakes in New Mexico and Colorado and finally took the plunge and bought Zephyr.
We moved on board in April of 2008 and have been working and sailing her ever since. Up to Alaska and down to Mexico and across the Pacific to Fiji. From Fiji to the Philippines and down to South Africa for Christmas 2015. We've now made it to the Caribbean and through the Panama Canal. With [...]
Home Page: http::/
Zephyr's Photos - Malaysia photos
Photos 1 to 6 of 6 | Main
Harbor Master
The Son Shine Laundry in Tawau.
Yassin Curry House.  Several in town.  Same restaurant but different.  Each carries different curries and no two are alike.
The "Big" Post Office.  This one does "international" mail.  Not every Post Office station will do "international" mail.  To air mail a letter costs 1.8 ringgits--about .60 cents US.
One of the many small grocery stores in Tawau.
View My Stats