Swagman Sailing

The racing & cruising adventures of Swagman, a Sparkman & Stephens designed 34ft yacht based in Perth, Western Australia.

09 February 2013 | Off Mandurah, Western Australia
27 June 2012 | Ballajura, Western Australia
13 June 2012 | Athens, Greece & Enroute Perth, Western Australia via Dubai, United Arab Emirates
12 June 2012 | Athens, Greece
11 June 2012 | Athens, Greece
10 June 2012 | Athens, Greece
09 June 2012 | Enroute Lefkada Town, Lefkada Island, SW Greece to Athens, Greece
08 June 2012 | Lefkada, Lefkada Island, Greece
07 June 2012 | Enroute Psarades, Prespa Region, Greece, to Lefkada Town, Lefkada Island, SW Greece
06 June 2012 | Psarades, Prespa Region, Greece
05 June 2012 | Enroute Thessaloniki, Greece to Psarades, Prespa Region, Greece
04 June 2012 | Travel Dubrovnik, Croatia to Thessaloniki, Greece via Frankfurt, Germany
03 June 2012 | Enroute Split to Dubrovnik, Croatia
02 June 2012 | Split, Croatia
01 June 2012 | Kastela Marina, Gomilica, Split Croatia
31 May 2012 | ACI Marina, Milna, Brac Island, Croatia
30 May 2012 | Vrboska, Hvar Island, Croatia

Day 4 in Greece

07 June 2012 | Enroute Psarades, Prespa Region, Greece, to Lefkada Town, Lefkada Island, SW Greece
Andrew & Vera Waldby - Fine & Warm
Well today was to be a long drive. We had a leisurely awakening, with the normal breakfast served by Vasilis. While I sorted some of or stuff out and attempt to do some blog updates; Vera had a final walk around the village. The village where her mum grew up. I suppose it was emotional for her, and her wanting to spend as much time here as possible, wishing she could stay longer. But we will be back.
Anyway, I sat down with Visilis to give us some pointers on where to go and what to see on our route to Lefkada, and then the following days enroute to Athens and while we are in and around the Athens region.
We decided that we would see a couple of smaller sights on the way, and then see if the TomTom could guide us to the archealogical site of Dodoni, which was supposed to be pretty well preserved.
About an hour out of Psarades we stopped off to see a stone bridge that was quite hold. While there when I was attempting to get a good side view of the bridge I interrupted quite a large snake that was sunbaking on a rock when I jumped down into its vicinity. Luckily he was just as scared of me as he had startled me and shot off into a rock hollow. I took the picture and as I was getting out of there I looked around the others holllows and figured that there probably are a number of snakes here; so I was out of there as quick as possible. From my understanding of snakes I dont think he was poisonous; but I didnt wont to risk it and interrupt our holiday with a visit to a Gree hospital.
We set the TomTom for Lefkada via Dodoni; however once we were in the vicinity of Dodoni (well what we thought was past it actually) we figured that TomTom wasnt quite taking us to the archealogical site. Some how the TomTom wasnt picking up the 'via' directions and was continuing us on to Lefkada. Anyway, because of the distance and because of some time we lost earlier we decided to give it a miss and move on to get to the coast before heading south to Lefkada.
We arrived in Lefkada quite late; although it was still light. We sorted the hotel room our and headed down to one of the Lefkada strips for a meal. Lefkada is quite a big town for charter boats and as it was getting to the end of the week there are a lot of people in town ready for the Saturday change-over. We had a reasonable dinner and then headed back to the room as it was quite late and were tired. Tomorrow we were planning to drive around Lefkada Island.
Comments
Vessel Name: Swagman
Vessel Make/Model: Sparkman & Stephens 34
Hailing Port: Royal Perth Yacht Club, Perth, Western Australia
Crew: Andrew Waldby, Vera Waldby, Alysha Waldby, Brett Waldby
About: Vera - my wife since 2004.
Extra: Normal Moored Position: 31 59.0068'S 115 49.4535'E
Swagman's Photos - Main
12 Photos
Created 24 April 2011