Sward's adventures

24 March 2009
15 March 2009
14 March 2009
14 March 2009
14 March 2009 | Man-O-War Continued
27 February 2009
27 February 2009
24 February 2009
22 February 2009
19 February 2009
18 February 2009
17 February 2009
11 February 2009

Guana Cay to Marsh Harbor

14 March 2009
Monday, March 9, 2009
Guana Cay to Marsh Harbor

It was tricky getting to Marsh Harbor from Guana with the coordinates provided by the charts. You couldn't just go straight due to the shallow areas and islands. I got into Marsh Harbor about 9:30. The harbor entrance was a bit hard to understand. I finally saw the marina after the guy told me he was waving at me. I said am I pointed in the right direction and he said yes, but I wasn't, he was 90 degrees to starboard of me, so as much as I looked and looked for him, I couldn't see him. Anyway, I attempted to get into the slip. It was one of the worst one's I've ever done. It bothered me to no end, since I now pride myself of getting into a slip. But part of the problem was that they had a different idea about what I was going to do than I thought I was going to do. They grabbed my lines and I thought would walk it up and tie it off, instead they dropped me back and I hit the piling. Apparently they wanted me to put a line on the piling-I hadn't expected that. I finally told them I wasn't going to use that piling-only put lines on the bow-port and starboard, one on the stern and a spring line. That has worked most of the time for me before. They finally agreed. I had fenders and a fender board to hold me off the dock. I still can't believe what a bad landing it was. It really bothers me!

As promised, Judy arrived at about 1:15. I had been waiting at the office so she wouldn't be concerned about where she was or I was. She came in winter clothes from Massachusetts where they were having 1-3 inches of snow when she left. I told her to get those clothes off and get shorts on and have a rum punch on the deck. We did a few pictures then sat down to relax. I had met a couple of the neighbors on the dock who especially liked my flowers.

I needed to get to the store to get some groceries, and we had to walk and the stores close early so about 2:30 or so, I got my cart and we headed out on a hike to find the store. Marsh Harbor is where people do their restocking since the prices are better, the stores have a good stock. It was a warm day, so it was a hot walk. We got all the groceries we needed and had fun picking out all the possible ingredients of out own concoctions for our rum punches.

When we got back, one of the neighbors I had met earlier came over to invite us to the dock for a little get together she was putting together. She was providing the rum punches and all we had to bring was our own glasses. I got some carrots and dip to bring too. Good thing, there wasn't much food there, The carrots were a hit as well at the rum punch. A good time was had by all-about 7 other people.

Comments
Vessel Name: DreamOn
Vessel Make/Model: Freedom 32