Sward's adventures

24 March 2009
15 March 2009
14 March 2009
14 March 2009
14 March 2009 | Man-O-War Continued
27 February 2009
27 February 2009
24 February 2009
22 February 2009
19 February 2009
18 February 2009
17 February 2009
11 February 2009

Hopetown to Guana Cay

14 March 2009
March 5, 2009

Hopetown to Guana Cay

I was going to go to Marsh Harbor to check out the lay of the land the day before Judy got there, but heard by VHF radio from Wind Dancer that Passport was still in Guana Cay and didn't go to Eulethera because of the winds so went back to Guana Cay, so I decided to go back there instead for the night. It was a nice trip.

I had 2 people telling me where to anchor-I love that everybody is an expert of what you should do. Anyway, I got it done-was secure and happy to be there. IB came by, I think eventually he and Rebecca came over and I made them a rum punch, we talked and they went back to their boat and ended up going swimming/snorkling. I got in my dingy to try to patch some of the holes I have with a kind of tape I had gotten at the store as a sample. I didn't know it was good for dingy's. So while I was doing that, they came over and asked me to go swimming with them. I said I needed to get the dingy fixed. When I was done, I did go in, but they were out! There wasn't much to see, but a couple of big, neat starfish-not the kind I was used to seeing in New England though.

When I got back on the boat, I looked over the side and saw a big Stingray. He wasn't moving anywhere. I watched him for awhile and he just kind of hovered. I took many pictures of him, but it was thru the water with the sun's rays. You will have to see for yourself how they came out when I download them.

I asked IB and Rebecca if they were going to go to shore, and they didn't know. I really didn't care if I did or not. They eventually said they guessed they would for a walk. So we went in together. We did, just take a walk. Nippers was hopping on a Sunday night with mostly locals from several islands and were a bit buzzed and many of them, so we just walked thru and walked some more. Grabbers had live music and a bunch of people. To get anything to eat was about $20.00 so we declined and weren't in the mood to drink so we decided to go back to our boats.

I said my goodbyes since I would be heading out early in the morning to get to Marsh Harbor to get Judy, my sister. She was to fly in and arrive at the marina I had reserved a slip at, at about 1 PM



Comments
Vessel Name: DreamOn
Vessel Make/Model: Freedom 32