Chasing Sunsets

16 November 2013 | Bocas Del Toro, Panama
19 October 2013 | Panama
22 January 2013 | HarborWalk Marina Hitchcock, TX
03 May 2011 | Guanaja Honduras
27 July 2010 | Costa Rica
07 May 2010
21 December 2009
25 October 2009 | Corpus Christi TX
25 September 2009 | Corpus Christi TX
01 July 2009
22 February 2009
19 February 2009 | Grand Isle State Park LA
14 February 2009
14 February 2009 | Florida
14 February 2009 | Florida
12 February 2009 | Florida
10 February 2009 | Fort Myers FL
09 February 2009 | Wichita Falls TX. / Dallas TX.
07 February 2009 | Dallas TX
06 February 2009 | At the Airport

Mustang Island

01 July 2009
I am sorry it has been so long for an update, I have taken some time off of sailing and trying to get a few things fixed and spend some time with my kids. I have Kim and all four kids onboard for this trip. We all wanted to sail down to South Padre Island and check it out. It is the first time the kids have been sailing and let me tell you it has been a shock for most of them. We all drove down from Rio Rancho NM on Friday oh boy it took over 13 hours and when we got here it was 105 degrees with 86 percent humidity. We spent the first two days working on the boat to take our voyage; we left the safety of the marina and headed to the gulf, the winds were out of the south not good but we had to head out if we want to make the trip in the nine days we have. We sailed about an hour and some of the kids started to get a bit sea sick we gave them some meds and pushed on. We sailed the rest of the day and the kids were not getting much better so we stopped in the bay next to a small island and dropped anchor and cooked dinner and spent the night. In the morning there was dolphins swimming around the boat and there was no wind at all. I pulled up the anchor and headed to the gulf but was asked if we could just stay inside of the bay and not go out to the gulf so we did. We found a marina called Island mooring they had a pool and showers and all that the kids liked. The beach was not too far away just two short blocks, we spent all day Tuesday playing on the beach and then walked back to the boat.
On Wednesday we took the trolley in to town and lunch and did some shopping and then came back to do some swimming in the pool. We are about to cook dinner and then head out in the morning to do some fishing offshore and some diving.
Comments
Vessel Name: Chasing Sunsets
Vessel Make/Model: TransPac 49
Hailing Port: Houston
Crew: Rick
About: We are Rick and Judy, we have been sailing for over ten years and just bought a larger sailboat a TransPac 49 and what a beautiful boat. We just have spent the past six months doing a refit and all new paint.
Extra: We are done with the refit and headed back home to Bocas Del Toro Panama.
Home Page: www.KnightsDream.com