Best Place to Sleep on a Cat
08 October 2006 | Fort Lauderdale, FL
We love our Catamaran. The Saint Francis 50, like any boat however, is not perfect, but it will be when we get finished with it! That said you have to start with a solid platform, and the Saint Francis is an amazingly well built and appointed boat. We spent a year doing hard research including factory tours and many multiday sea trials in up to 40 knots of breeze. The Saint Francis 50 was as close to perfection as we could find. I'm sure that most owners feel the same about their boats.
We have quite a laundry list to check off while refitting.
- Spectra Newport 400 Water Maker with MPC5000
- ICOM 802 SSB/Pactor w/ SailMail
- Upgrade AC systems
- Drain AirCon into sump rather than bilge
- Install upgraded computer at nav station
- Integrate home theater with helm and nav (charts on the TV, etc.)
- Brownie's YP35 dive compressor and bottle locker
- New stern anchor and glass in a chain locker in the lazarette
- Splendide 2000 Washer/Dryer install
- Install dinghy chocks and outboard stowing systems
- Wind screen between cabin top and bimini
- Upgrade ground tackle (Rocna 40 and 300' of 3/8" High Test)
- Create secure stowage spots for all gear
Those are just the large bullets. It's going to be a lot of work over the next few weeks. That said there's always time for a little snooze with the pooch. Roq prefers the tramps to the hard gel coat.