Swingin' on a Star

Ship's log for the circumnavigating Saint Francis 50 catamaran, "Swingin on a Star".

01 April 2010 | Palau
13 July 2009 | Palau
05 July 2009 | Yacht Harbor
03 July 2009 | Peleliu
02 July 2009 | Palau
01 July 2009 | Two Dog Beach
30 June 2009 | Mecharchar
29 June 2009 | Mecharchar
28 June 2009 | Ulong
27 June 2009 | Ngeruktabel
17 June 2009 | Ngeruktabel
16 June 2009 | Ngeruktabel
15 June 2009 | Ngeruktabel
14 June 2009 | Ngeruktabel
13 June 2009 | Ngerutable
25 May 2009 | Yacht Harbor
30 April 2009 | Malakal
29 April 2009 | Koror
28 April 2009 | Malakal
27 April 2009 | Malakal

Rodney Bay Marina

07 July 2007 | Saint Lucia
Randy
Weather this morning indicated a strong wave would pass in the afternoon but nothing much to worry about. We decided to head into the marina anyway though so that we would have an easy base for sending the Mac clan off to the airport. We set about getting the boat ready for the dock after breakfast. Stowing the bongo took some time. Kelp Fiction had made it to the marina while we were out. I talked to Fred on the VHF and we decided to do a group tour of the island tomorrow.

We parked Swingin' on a Star stern to in one of the slips on the A dock and immediately set about trying to find a dive shop that would take us out for a two tank dive in the afternoon. Kory had aces his knowledge reviews and quizzes and only needed two open water dives to complete his Junior SCUBA Diver rating. Having limited local communications capabilities we enlisted one of the Rodney Bay Marina guards to help us. An unlikely concierge perhaps, but many phone calls and false starts later, he got the job done and we had a ride to the Smugglers Cove reef around the north point of the bay.

While Maddy busied herself by giving Hideko an alien hair do and fashion overhaul, Kory Thomas and I got ready for a late afternoon dive. It turned out to be a nice little excursion around the north side of Pigeon Island. I hadn't realized that the bay up there was so picturesque. There were a couple of nice spa type hotels and a little beach, not to mention great snorkeling and shallow water diving.

We had to make quick work of our dives because it was fairly late in the day. Kory performed like a champ and completed all of his final skills. We spent the balance of the dives looking around the very lively rocks and reefs. The sun was setting as we returned to the boat. Upon arrival everyone congratulated Kory on his achievement and we had a nice dinner. The girls had made Kory a cake but he was so tired from his busy day that he crashed without even trying a bite of it. Feeling bad, I ate a piece for me and also one for Kory.
Comments
Vessel Name: Swingin' on a Star
Vessel Make/Model: Saint Francis 50
Hailing Port: Las Vegas, NV
Crew: Randy Abernethy
Home Page: http://swinginonastar.com
Swingin' on a Star's Photos - Swingin on a Star (Main)
Selected photos of Swingin' on a Star at anchor.
7 Photos
Created 18 September 2007
31 Photos
Created 15 September 2007
copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 Randy & Hideko Abernethy, all rights reserved