Swingin' on a Star

Ship's log for the circumnavigating Saint Francis 50 catamaran, "Swingin on a Star".

01 April 2010 | Palau
13 July 2009 | Palau
05 July 2009 | Yacht Harbor
03 July 2009 | Peleliu
02 July 2009 | Palau
01 July 2009 | Two Dog Beach
30 June 2009 | Mecharchar
29 June 2009 | Mecharchar
28 June 2009 | Ulong
27 June 2009 | Ngeruktabel
17 June 2009 | Ngeruktabel
16 June 2009 | Ngeruktabel
15 June 2009 | Ngeruktabel
14 June 2009 | Ngeruktabel
13 June 2009 | Ngerutable
25 May 2009 | Yacht Harbor
30 April 2009 | Malakal
29 April 2009 | Koror
28 April 2009 | Malakal
27 April 2009 | Malakal

A Day at Normans Cay

28 December 2006 | Normans Cay
Randy
The wind has been blowing 20 knots plus all day today. That said I prefer the wind to the current. Unfortunately we have both. On the bright side, both of our anchors are set like no ones business and we have not budged from the spot we originally dropped back to. Garret (my brother in law) and I took a look at both anchors through the looky bucket. The Claw was mostly buried and the Rocna was gone, with just a bit of chain burrowed into the sand.

As we motored around we stopped by Lehder's plane wreck. The plane is still visible above water at the north side of the anchorage. It is fading though and there's a lot less there than you see in all of the travel guides.

Later in the day Garret joined some other folks in the anchorage spear fishing and the kids went to a great little island on the south side of the anchorage. They named the island "One Tree Island" due to the singular Palm tree smack in the middle. The island is great because the kids can't go far and it is half beach and half coral which lets them build sand castles and explore tide pools.

We took a trip to the main island to visit with Ellen, Loic and Mia from Eyran. We explored the run down Cocaine production facilities and then walked across the airstrip to see if Mac Duffs was still in existence. Mac Duffs is dead. The beach cottages and main buildings are still there and a generator was running but we didn't see anyone and the facility was obviously not operational. We were so looking forward to a good burger. We found a sign on the beach that said Mac Duffs was under new management and would be open late November. Seeing as how it was late December we didn't know exactly what to think.
Comments
Vessel Name: Swingin' on a Star
Vessel Make/Model: Saint Francis 50
Hailing Port: Las Vegas, NV
Crew: Randy Abernethy
Home Page: http://swinginonastar.com
Swingin' on a Star's Photos - Swingin on a Star (Main)
Selected photos of Swingin' on a Star at anchor.
7 Photos
Created 18 September 2007
31 Photos
Created 15 September 2007
copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 Randy & Hideko Abernethy, all rights reserved