Sail Away With Sherpa

12 June 2012 | Marina Taina
11 June 2012 | Marina Taina
10 June 2012 | Marina Taina
08 June 2012 | Marina Taina
07 June 2012 | Marina Taina
06 June 2012 | Yacht Quay to Marina Taina
04 June 2012 | Yacht Quay, Papeete, Tahiti
04 June 2012 | Yacht Quay, Papeete, Tahiti
03 June 2012 | Yacht Quay, Papeete, Tahiti
02 June 2012 | Underway, Fakarava to Tahiti
01 June 2012 | Underway, Fakarava to Tahiti
31 May 2012 | Underway, Fakarava to Tahiti
30 May 2012 | At anchor, Fakarava, Tuomotus
29 May 2012 | At anchor, Fakarava, Tuomotus
29 May 2012 | At anchor, Fakarava, Tuomotus
28 May 2012 | Overnight Sail, Kauehi to Fakarava, Tuomotus
26 May 2012 | At Anchor, Kauehi, Tuomotus
22 May 2012 | Underway-Nuku Hiva to Kauehi, Tuomotus
19 May 2012 | At Anchor Daniels Bay, Nuku Hiva

Daily Life on a Open Ocean Passage-Day 18

28 April 2012 | 1 Degrees North of Equator
John
Sleep, Eat, Watches/Keep Boat Moving, Reading, and Much Lively Conversation.

That's basically all there is to a day in the life on a small cruising boat. That's the blog for today :)

I put sleep first, as it seems you never can get enough, even though most nights you get 8 hours, except for the dog watch between midnight to 4am, the motion of the boat always has your body searching to find equalibrium, even as you sleep. It seems like when you get up, it felt like you just had fallen asleep--Nope, Hey Pete, it's your watch!! We've found to sneak in cat naps as much as possible, because you never know when you are going to be awoken in the night, that the boat needs a sail change, all hands on deck. Actually, nobody seems to be having any problems with getting up when it's their watch. The boat is big enough were there is plenty of room to catch some zzz's and catch up.

Eat. Should we BBQ steak with a red potato salad and a peach cobbler, or should we have Salmon on bed of couscous and brownies? We provisioned for 45+ days, not knowing what would be available in the Marquesas. The majority of the food in these islands comes in by ship maybe once a month, so you could get lucky, or that can of Spam may be it on the shelves when you arrive. We have heard that baquettes are available daily, but they go fast--Viva La France! Can't wait, as we are down to Tortillas with our peanut butter and jelly. after that, I guess a spoonful of each. The boat has a reefer, that is a combination fridge/freezer, but about total size of the freezer side of a double fridge. We have it packed to the brim, but are able to have most everything you would normally have at home. The jury is still out if you drop weight or gain it on passage, I'm going with the drop! We'll see. Pete has done a great job in the kitchen, making tasty meals and side dishes. Nobody has to worry, we ain't starvin out here, just the dilemma of what to have at the next meal, goat cheese omelette or French Toast from freshly baked raisin bread---Mmmm good!

Time for my watch, I'll continue the "daily life on passage" tomorrow John
Comments
Vessel Name: Sherpa
Vessel Make/Model: Tartan 37
Hailing Port: Santa Barbara
Crew: John, Christina, Jonathan, Pete, Paul and other adventurers
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/t37sherpa/

Getting Lost by Finding Paradise

Who: John, Christina, Jonathan, Pete, Paul and other adventurers
Port: Santa Barbara