TAHNOO Travels

18 August 2013
12 August 2013
07 August 2013
28 July 2013 | Victoria BC
16 July 2013 | ~1900 mi W of the Columbia River
09 July 2013
02 July 2013 | Honolulu
24 June 2013 | Ala Wai Small Boat Harbour
18 June 2013 | Honolua Bay, Maui
02 June 2013 | Radio Bay, Hilo, Hawaii
26 May 2013
10 May 2013 | pacific ocean
09 May 2013
06 May 2013 | Paradise Village Marina, Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
30 April 2013 | Paradise Village Marina, Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
05 April 2013
05 April 2013

North Pacific photos

18 August 2013
brenda
i've added one more photo album to the gallery at right, pictures from Tahnoo's passage from Honolulu to Victoria BC. Thanks to Glen for sharing his photos with us!

more photos!

12 August 2013
brenda
photos of Hawaii addded, in the photo gallery at the right.

new photo album

07 August 2013
i've added a new album to the photo gallery, some pics from Tahnoo's passage from Mexico to Hawaii.

Landfall!

28 July 2013 | Victoria BC
brenda
Tahnoo arrived in Victoria ~4pm local time sat. July 27, 24 days after leaving Hawaii. Overall, from what i can gather, it was a good passage; perhaps a little more motoring involved than the crew would have liked. They got hit with some big winds just offshore of vancouver island the last 2 days, up to 40 knots, but other than that nothing too extreme.

We are so grateful to have had this capable crew to help bring our home back home! Will post photos once we get them organized.

16 July 2013 | ~1900 mi W of the Columbia River
brenda
i'd say Tahnoo is approaching the halfway point on her journey from Hawaii to BC. She has been heading pretty well directly north for 12 days, and on the last few days has gotten a good push from winds that are squeezed between the N pacific high pressure system & a low to the west. Hopefully they are far enough north to start getting some west winds soon.

i have to eat some of my words from the last post, because the next time i spoke to Bill on the sat. phone the crew were asking, "where is the canned fruit stored???" i can understand it though, when you're being tossed around by big waves, you don't want to open lockers or lift up the floorboards unless absolutely necessary.

They have not run in to fog yet, but it is expected at some point as they get further north & east; and not much other traffic, just a few cargo vessels that have passed by within 15 or 20 miles. Here's an interesting report though - friends on the sailing vessel Bidule, en route from Hawaii to Sitka, Alaska, reported a few days ago that a ship passed close by carrying a rocket in separate pieces. Maybe they are hallucinating, but that's what they saw....

Passage to BC

09 July 2013
brenda
Tahnoo & her crew of Bill, Hugh & Ian left Honolulu July 3 ~ 11:00 local time, sailing up the east side of Oahu & then north. They've had some variable conditions so far, with some intermittent motoring required on a couple of days, but now seem to be in a more settled pattern of ENE winds. According to the forecasts, the winds should continue to be well organized around the N pacific high this week, so they should make good progress. Position on monday evening (BC time) was 29'24min N x 160' 18 min W, and heading almost directly north.

Ian caught a nice 20 lb. mahi mahi the other day, & i have not had any frantic cell phone calls asking where the spaghetti sauce or the oreo cookies are, so i think they are managing quite well in the galley:)
Vessel Name: Tahnoo
Vessel Make/Model: Spencer 1330
Hailing Port: Vancouver, BC
Crew: Bill Burr & Brenda McNair

S/V Tahnoo

Who: Bill Burr & Brenda McNair
Port: Vancouver, BC