Tarian's Travels!

Greece V Italy

14 June 2013 | Elba
Stella
For some weeks we couldn’t make up our minds, if we were going to stop in Italy for the summer or continue on for Greece. We scribbled down a list of pro’s & cons…Greece came out on top….with just 2 things on the list for Italy….less time to arrive and easier to get home via train! We arrived in Isola D’Elba having spent 1 month in the canal and 1 month on the sea continually moving and we were knackered! Elba is a beautiful island and the weather when we arrived was gorgeous and has been ever since, so we have decided to stay and cruise around Corsica and Sardinia this year. Italy is known for expensive marina’s, however we are anchoring unless we cant, so this really isn’t an issue! Greece I’m sure is beautiful too, but maybe that’s one for summer 2014! We spent 9 days in Portoferraio and really now feel like we are living the dream…chilling out…enjoying the weather. The Italians are incredibly friendly and helpful which is a bonus on France…HA HA…..Sorry to any French friends out there, but the Italians really are much friendlier. Ooh and Italy is less expensive than France in general…..we like Italy lots….
Stella
Comments
Vessel Name: Tarian
Vessel Make/Model: Gemini 105 MC
Hailing Port: Chichester, UK
Crew: Stuart, Stella & Mitsi (the boxer dog)

Who: Stuart, Stella & Mitsi (the boxer dog)
Port: Chichester, UK