Tarian's Travels!

Corsica what a Boar!

01 July 2013
Stuart
Well we have left lovely Elba and travelled across to Corsica…. If you have ever been to the West coast of Scotland it’s a bit like that… big mountains’ down to the sea… OK that’s the end of the similarities now I think about it… no midges crystal clear turquoise sea no rain and sun… so not really like Scotland at all….
Anyway first night was in a marina… first one in nearly a month, boy did that hurt €30 for a bit of water and a quite night, still we were tired from the crossing… best thing that came out of it was the price of winter storage, its fairly cheap and we can get an overnight ferry back to France which makes it easy to get the dog on a train back to blighty in Oct….
Next day was down the coast to a small bay called Favone Bay we anchored but it was VERY roley our traveling companions Ron and Julie slept on the floor and Julie had things falling on her all night… It was so bad in fact that they have decided enough is enough and its back to the canals for them… I guess after 20 years it’s understandable, but it was a shame to see them go.
We have pushed on alone further south and spent a couple of nights in Port Vechio this was perhaps the best bay of the trip so far…. Very quiet beach great water where a small herd of cows came down to each morning and evening and blow me down ( I am getting more salty by the day… I’m saving up for an eye patch and a parot)… we actually got to see a wild boar!!! The photo doesn’t really do it justice, but we didn’t want to get to close because of Mitsie… oh and I am a confirmed coward and think I read somewhere that they will attack you if they feel threatened.
So now I feel like a cross between Long John Silver and David Attenborough 
Just arrived in Sardinia to meet Stel’s family friends.
Cap’n Stu (Avast there… and shiver your timbers)
Comments
Vessel Name: Tarian
Vessel Make/Model: Gemini 105 MC
Hailing Port: Chichester, UK
Crew: Stuart, Stella & Mitsi (the boxer dog)

Who: Stuart, Stella & Mitsi (the boxer dog)
Port: Chichester, UK