Tarian's Travels!

The Naked Chief – Jamie Oliver eat your heart out!

21 July 2013
Stella
Visiting family friends in Olbia, we were entertained up in the mountains by my surrogate aunt(Angela), uncle (Robert) and cousins for the day. What a treat…..we lazed by the pool, were fed lunch & dinner – traditional Italian Fair…..one thing we had was Fritata (like Spanish omelette….but Italian!) It was so good, I asked what was in it to make it soooo tasty……Robert replied, its donkey meat! Donkey meat!!!! I asked????? Seeing the look of horror on my face Angela said…..its a sausage……called mortadella……not actually donkey meat…..Thank goodness for that….. So we made a note of the recipe and next time we were at the supermarket we bought some. Not having a clue what this donkey meat was, we went to the deli counter and asked for Mortadella…..if you haven’t seen it, its basically a massive sausage about 7inch in diameter, used for sandwiches sliced, but chunks for Fritata, so we asked for a thick slice – it looks a bit like Luncheon meat – but much bigger. I made the frittata, it tasted delicious, but the consistency wasn’t right…..it needed to be more solid and hold together, but mine fell apart when turning it over…..Stu said….you shouldn’t do it like that…..you wanna do it like this…..so I suggested he try it next time……a man true to his word, stu cooked the Fritata……Brits in the med style…..NAKED! The Fritata was more held together than mine, but was still not as good as Anglea’s…..we will have to go back for a cooking lesson some time. Thanks again to all the family for entertaining us for the day. For a pic of the naked Chefs cooking results, see the Cannigione picture folder.
Stella
Comments
Vessel Name: Tarian
Vessel Make/Model: Gemini 105 MC
Hailing Port: Chichester, UK
Crew: Stuart, Stella & Mitsi (the boxer dog)

Who: Stuart, Stella & Mitsi (the boxer dog)
Port: Chichester, UK