Tarian's Travels!

Fire fighting planes, a village with no roads in/out & a naked card shuffler!

24 August 2013
Stella
Since leaving Ajaccio we have stopped in some beautiful spots. Sagone, on 1st arriving seemed to be just a beach and some bars/restaurants’ on the sea front, but it had a great little village behind the beach with everything you could ever need….not that we needed anything, Sagone will definitely be on our list to stop again if we come this way again – the beach was fab. Whilst there we had the pleasure of watching a sea plane land momentarily, suck up water, take off and dump it out. If you look carefully you can see the plane in the pics, coming into land, going overhead really close to the boats and dumping the water out the other side. Other than that it was a nice 4 days chilling and walking on the beach with mits.
Next was Cargese, where we had promised ourselves a night or two in the marina….they didn’t take catamarans, so that pissed on our fireworks, however Cargese is an interesting town with greeks’ settling back in the 17th century, some of the buildings’ where unusual for these parts, the Greek church was beautiful.
Girolata had been advised by 2 people to be a “must see” – how right they were. Girolata is only accessible by sea, however has a village with many houses, bars, restaurants’ & farm animals. It is a very sheltered bay except from a SW wind. Here we picked up a bouy….so still no marina for us……the walks here are just magnificent, the red rocked mountains’ and stunning sea cliffs are amazing. We had planned on staying a few days, but the weather forecast for Saturday night (SW6-8) was such we decided to move today to Calvi and finally book into a marina for a few days….. no such luck, as Calvi were expecting a regatta today, so were not taking in any more arrivals, so we are here on a bouy waiting for the big blow to come tonight and tomorrow….at least we are not at anchor…lol……we haven’t yet explored Calvi, but Stu tells me its where Nelson lost his eye……..if your interested!
Ooh, cute pics of mits in Girolata folder and a naked card shuffler in a silly hat!!!
Stella
Comments
Vessel Name: Tarian
Vessel Make/Model: Gemini 105 MC
Hailing Port: Chichester, UK
Crew: Stuart, Stella & Mitsi (the boxer dog)

Who: Stuart, Stella & Mitsi (the boxer dog)
Port: Chichester, UK