Oak Bluffs Marina, a Service of the Town of Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts
Box 1327, Oak Bluffs, MA 02557 41° 27' 39'' N - 70° 33' 22'' W Tel 508.693.4355 Fax 508.693.7402
Niki at Oak Bluffs
05/17/2013, Oak Bluffs 50Nm
Ross and Niki had a beautiful sail up Vinyard sound to Oak Bluffs.
On our way to Figawi.
Lots of money spent getting ready for the Race. Not least spending a week on route. But it was a great sail and we did have a nice stay in the town. Its really quite a pleasant town before Memorial day.
-Storm TriSail - Gale Sail
-Fire Blanket in Galley
-Cockpit Knife attached to wheel
-Added self igniting Light to Life Buoy.
-Ditch Bag with EPIRB & Self igniting Strobe.
-Safety equipment location chart.
-Added soft wooden plugs near thru-hulls.
-Added AIS 600.
-Added Radar Reflector.
- NMEA 2000 backbone to AIS
- Linked Main GPS Plotter to talk to DSC VHS radio for MOB & Distress activation.
- Replaced throw rope for MOB.
Patched the anti-fouling. Cut the cover off. Had previously put the saildrive zinc on and screw back on.
So shes ready to go back in the water this week!
Spring projects completed:
- I finally figured out how to remove the propane cylinder. Thank god I did. The bottom was rusted almost away. Amazing it wasn't leaking. Replaced with a new one.
- Swapped out the backstay adjuster for Harken Barbarossa Backstay Adjuster that I bought on ebay. Made a Spacer out of 416 stainless.
- replaced the elastomeric seal in two of the Rutgerson port-hatches. The two that leaked the most. Be interesting to see if that solves it.
- There is an epic saga to be written about patching the inflatable. Was seriously eaten by critters this winter. Must have taken two weeks before I was able to get it to not "slow leak". Good enough for another season, but if its the same next year Im shopping for a dinghy.
11/04/2012, Narraganset Bay.
She survived Sandy fine. Location is a great Hurricane hole.
Ross, Tom and I had a beautiful sail around Mount Hope bay for the last sail of the season and then took the sails off.
Glorious day. Saw a catamaran with a wing sail zooming around chased by a motor boat taking video, plus a 470 from the school and another skiff. We were pretty much the only ones out and about.