True Colours Voyage 2008 - 2010

25 October 2010 | Back Across the Atlantic, West to East
01 August 2010 | Last Stop before the crossing home
09 June 2010 | BVI's
17 May 2010 | Dominican Republic
09 April 2010 | Haiti
03 April 2010 | Jamaica, Cuba, Jamaica
12 March 2010
11 February 2010 | From Venezuela to the ABC Islands
14 November 2009 | Venezuela
01 October 2009 | Los Testigos
03 September 2009 | Grenada
05 August 2009 | Grenada
07 June 2009 | Wallilabou, St Vincent
28 May 2009 | St Pierre and Petit Anse D'Arlet
28 May 2009 | 15 52.0'N:61 35.4'W
14 May 2009
26 April 2009 | All over the place!

and again to Martinique

28 May 2009 | St Pierre and Petit Anse D'Arlet
We sailed on to Martinique, stopping again at St Pierre where check was again very easy in the local cafe. The town was much more lively than on our previous visit with a weekend Rasta festival with stalls of local crafts and music til the wee small hours. In between frequent rain showers we hiked up the steep road to the statue of the Madonna overlooking the bay, stopping to pick and eat the odd mango from the trees by the wayside.

After 2 nights we sailed on to Petit Anse D'Arlet, again a place we had visited on the way northwards with Bill and Liz. This time, however, we spent 3 nights in this lovely quiet anchorage and explored the local area, including a couple of walks to nearby Grand Anse D'Arlet where we could check out, again in a local café. The roads are well made in the French islands, and this one even had a cycle/pedestrian track, albeit only about 50 yards long, which took us past some cattle and a huge but friendly (according to Dave!) bull. We treated ourselves to a pizza in a beach-side bar frequented by the locals and enjoyed relaxing for the few days we were there.
Comments
Vessel Name: True Colours
Vessel Make/Model: Nicholson 35
Hailing Port: Gosport
Crew: Dave Dog and Fi
About: Please call in from time to time and leave a comment (we're thick-skinned!) - makes it worthwhile if we know it's being looked at!
Extra: This Voyage has been and gone but we hope it may not be the last so watch out for us again someday....

True Colours

Who: Dave Dog and Fi
Port: Gosport
Hello there, thank you for visiting our blog - please come back often and leave us your comments (friendly ones preferred!)