S/V Zephyr

LIFE IS AN ADVENTURE OR NOTHING AT ALL.

24 February 2014 | Elton, PA

Happy Independance Day!

04 July 2010
CC
My how time flies. We've had an eventful spring and here we are into summer all ready. We've been working on the boat and have even taken her sailing, but right now our goal is to get her ready to sail south this fall. Our latest project has been to install davits, get a new dinghy and motor. We got the davits from Kato Marine and are extremely pleased with the quality, directions for installation, and especially the helpful staff. We had to come back home for the 4th but will be going back this week to hang the dinghy and get the motor on. On Thursday our friend Brad is coming down and we're going to sail around for a couple of days. Our old dinghy, a Chesapeake Lightcraft Passagemaker which turned out to be too big as a dinghy for our boat is looking for a new home. It's a great rowing dinghy and tows beautifully. If anyone is interested, let me know.
Well, that's the sailing news. The other exciting news was the birth of our second grandchild, John Frank III on May 25th. Today was his christening and Terry and I hosted the receprion here at home. What fun to have the whole family here. It is also our oldest daughter's birthday, youngest daughter's wedding aniversary, and on Tuesday, Terry and I will celebrate 42 years together! (I was a child bride don't you know!)
I would love to hear from readers!
Stay cool in all this heat,
CC
Comments