27 August 2010 | Rock Cr, MD
I find it hard to believe that it is almost September. I'm starting to get anxious; there are so many things yet to do before our October departure. We've had to delay this trip so often, it feels sureal to think it's really going to come to pass.
Thank you Pete and Pokey for the tips on provisioning. Lots of good ideas we'll use.
We spent two day at the boat this week. We found that the ports did not need to be rebedded...just needed a little silicone around the glass. Then I attemped to do a professional looking job putting the registration numbers on the dinghy...unfortunately, we're going to need to travel fast and keep the starboard side hidden. However, I did learn that if you take the foam off a foam paintbrush what is left is a nicley flexible plastic tongue stapled to the handle that works very well to spread the hypolon glue. Unfortunately, the glue had disolved some of the foam and stuck it in the glue before I discovered it. Ewwww! (Going to try to clean it up with denatured alcohol....)
Picked up the extra step we had Kato make for the transom. For some reason the last step up to the boat assumed we had 36 inch inseams and 28 inch waists! Watching us board was quite amusing. We'll install it when we haul the boat in a couple of weeks. We need to make sure everything on the bottom is all smooth before we leave so we're going to tend to that next. She hasn't been out of the water in over a year and I'm sure we need new zincs and fewer critters.
We keep checking things off the lists...and making new lists, but we'll get there!