Thar Be Dragons

"Live Your Dream - Sea The World"

20 August 2016
14 September 2015 | Edmonton Alberta
08 May 2015 | Edmonton Alberta
20 July 2014 | Edmonton
16 April 2014
26 March 2014 | Lake Worth
04 March 2014 | Peterson Cay
24 February 2014 | Lucaya Bahamas
14 February 2014 | Lucaya Bahamas
08 February 2014 | Lucaya Bahamas
08 February 2014 | Port Lucaya Grand Bahamas
04 February 2014 | Lucaya Bahamas
31 January 2014 | Lake Worth
31 January 2014 | Indiantown marina
31 January 2014 | Indiantown marina
20 January 2014 | Indiantown Marina
13 January 2014 | Indiantown Marina
04 January 2014 | Indiantown Marina Florida
31 December 2013 | Indiantown Marina
03 November 2013 | At Home Edmonton Alberta

Island Time

08 February 2014 | Port Lucaya Grand Bahamas
Sherry 29 degrees Celsius
February 07, 2014
We have been quite busy and a lot has gone on. We are getting use to our surroundings. We have familiarized ourselves with where the grocery store is and laundry facilities for when it comes time to wash bigger stuff like bedding, towels etc. We have met many new cruisers and re-aqaunted ourselves with some we had met last year. In Florida. On Tuesday we had a cruiser get together with sundowners and appetizers on the dock we had a great time with lots of laughs.
Todd had to rescue my flip flop while fending off the sharks. One of my flip flops blew off the dock when a gust of wind came up so we quickly put the dinghy down and he jumped in the dinghy, I threw him a line that he held onto and using a bailer cup started to paddle with that as the dinghy motor was not on the dinghy and the oars were under the seats and the winds were taking my flip flop away. While doing this under the influence of a few alcohol beverages ( don't try this at home).
There was a half dozen fisherman cleaning fish and to make it more exciting for whom I'm not sure they were throwing the fish carcass's in the water towards the dinghy as the sharks were swimming around, even the Bahimians thought you Canadians are crazy. Todd finally had to take the oars apart under the seats and pulled it out put it back together and then he was off in hot pursuit of the runaway flip flop. The flip flop never had a chance. Back at the boat safe with flip flop in hand and a your crazy mon from on lookers.
We had a manatee in the marina (which is not the norm for here) it was just a small one maybe a few years old we gave it fresh water out of the hose and it drank for 45 minutes. The tv crew came and wanted an interview with me but I declined. A cruiser couple came back from a day of fishing and she had caught a 40 lb yellow Fin Tuna a 18lb yellow Fin Tuna and shared some south us so it's Sushi tomorrow night whoop whoop. 
We get lots of cruise ship tourist by the boat and using it as a back drop for a lot of pictures it's ok until they spend hours wanting to talk to you , I think we should start charging for our time, we would never have to work again. I know now how actors and actresses and musicians feel when people won't let them be. I just wished they realized that this is our house and we don't need peeping toms.
Over all we are having a fantastic time here. We love the locals the are so friendly and Sydney one of the local fisherman that cleans people's fish for them is a super nice guy and fishes right beside our boat. There are 8 tarpon that swim around the boat around 40-60 lbs and there is also a 60 lb Grouper as well that know one has been able to catch ( something for my son in law Brad to look forward to when he gets here). Kitty is finally all relaxed and enjoying her Bahamas holiday. And I'm finally enjoying my hammock that my wonderful man put up. Thanks honey your the best.
Comments
Vessel Name: Thar be Dragons
Vessel Make/Model: 1983 42' Vagabond
Hailing Port: Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Crew: Todd & Sherry
About:
Todd use to dream about sailing to get away from the rat race of the everyday life of work, work and more work. [...]
Extra:
This blog will take you into our adventure and will tell you more about us, and since most of you already know us it will be my job to keep this Blog as interesting as possible so you keep coming back. We will spend five months each year(winter) for the time being and sail around to different [...]

Who: Todd & Sherry
Port: Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Don't dream your life live your dream