Cuba and/or Bust!

08 January 2013
30 December 2012 | Stock island Robbies boat yard
26 December 2012 | Marathon
17 December 2012 | Key Largo
16 December 2012 | Key Largo
12 December 2012 | Fort Pierce FLA USA
09 December 2012 | Fort Pierce FLA USA
05 December 2012 | Fort Pierce FLA USA

Santa Claus Is On vacation in the Keys!

26 December 2012 | Marathon
Skipper
Its True , he is here and I have seen him !
I found fair winds on Sunday and monday 24th after a big cold front went thro at the end of last week and came down from Key largo , stopping overnight at Islamorada , in a light breeze all the way to marathon town on vaca key , so now about half way to Key West , and will see if I can get there by this weekend . depends on Neptune as ever !

Merry Christmas to all the blog readers and thanks for keeping an eye on the blog if you can be bothered at this holiday time ! I hope you have all had a great time with family and friends and lots ot eat and drink of course .
Santa is a life size manikin but tilts and sways to the music and he and his mouth goes up and down as he sings !! very scary as you are supposed to be attracted to the restaurant he is outside!
yes there are a few shops open and cafes on xmas day here i could not believe my eyes these poor staff have no choice i suppose the boss says we are working so thats that . but the main culprit is locals and tourists who cannot leave the stores alone for 24 hours as all are open again on boxing day anyway...unbeleivable they could not just buy what they need on the day before ..Walgreens open !!
The consumer ethic here runs deep and they just cannot , NOT shop , even on xmas day ...poor things! Give the poor guys a break !
Went for a stroll along the highway in perfect weather , light se 'ly and sunny skies , 81 f degrees ! found some stores for tomorrow if needed and then found the main marathon harbour with many moorings and cruisers so stayed and chatted there awhile . Huge number of boats there and around 200 moorings !

Have a great Holiday to All !

Comments
Vessel Name: Andiamo
Vessel Make/Model: Kellsall 38 catamaran 2006
Hailing Port: London
Crew: The Boss
About: He is a Gorilla!

Andiamo

Who: The Boss
Port: London