Living the Dream

14 October 2012
10 October 2012
22 September 2012
10 September 2012
01 September 2012
14 August 2012
12 August 2012
06 August 2012
20 July 2012
20 July 2012
04 July 2012
17 June 2012
16 June 2012
15 June 2012
08 May 2012
24 April 2012
27 March 2012

Mazatlan Day 1

19 December 2009
We took off early to catch a bus into town to get a few provisions at the market. Bob from Taisho (anchored in Los Frailes with us who abandoned the rough passage to La Paz in favor of easier Mazatlan) walked with us. We parted ways at the market and went in search of coffee, creamer, sugar, some veggies and meat. We had no luck with buying a phone (have to find someone who can speak at least some English) and stopped for more street tacos, not as good as yesterday's.

We walked different blocks today around the market and went through the park beyond the church. I got to see some fruit trees again in the park but no fruit. Getting hot and tired so we went back to the boat. Wish we could swim here but the anchorage is like being in a marina, water is nasty.

Music started nearby (Jim could not see party lights to find out where the party was) and god was it loud and, sorry techno fans, horrible. All we could hear was the base and the freaking beat did not change for HOURS!
Comments
Vessel Name: CharAnn
Vessel Make/Model: Newport 41s
Hailing Port: Newport, NY
Crew: Jim & Jeannine
About: We'll be spending our 2nd season cruising the Sea of Cortez. We had a great 1st full NY season from snow to snow! We can't wait to see what's in store for us this winter.
Extra:
Just so everyone is less confused, Jim is Phil & Phil is Jim. Jim is Jim in the boating community and with his family and long-time friends but he's Phil to me and my family and friends in NY. Though the boating community wishes he'd stick with Phil (there's too many Jim's and we haven't met one [...]

Who: Jim & Jeannine
Port: Newport, NY