Living the Dream

14 October 2012
10 October 2012
22 September 2012
10 September 2012
01 September 2012
14 August 2012
12 August 2012
06 August 2012
20 July 2012
20 July 2012
04 July 2012
17 June 2012
16 June 2012
15 June 2012
08 May 2012
24 April 2012
27 March 2012

Ensenada to San Quintin

20 November 2009 | N30 28 W116 22
We did not get to see the start of the Baja 1000 offroad race start, but we did hear it from our slip. We ran to town for water and last minute items and then Roger and his crew were shoving us out of the slip. It's a nightmare place to exit/enter by yourself but Roger and his guys are great - they've got it down so no worries of hitting anything.

The seas were confused most of the night with medium winds. We decided to swoop in close as we neared San Quintin as winds were building and we were getting more tired. Jim went up and dropped the main, just too much wind, and we lost the fendoff pole overboard in the process! Here's a miracle...once the sail was down and we headed back we came across the fendoff pole! Jim had to circle it a few times but we managed to net it! Yeah for us!

11/21/09

Winds were building 20+with choppy seas so we decided to head in and drop anchor in San Quintin. After picking up everything that fell during transit, we rested the remainder of the day.

11/22/09

San Quintin is a strange place to see a hotel on the beach. It is absolutely in the middle of nowhere but there's a hotel (or two). We saw people on the beach and trucks running up and down shore. The waves were breaking too hard to go ashore so we just enjoyed the bay from the boat. Dolphins and seals feeding right near us. Cool! We worked on boat projects most of the day and got ready for departure tomorrow.
Comments
Vessel Name: CharAnn
Vessel Make/Model: Newport 41s
Hailing Port: Newport, NY
Crew: Jim & Jeannine
About: We'll be spending our 2nd season cruising the Sea of Cortez. We had a great 1st full NY season from snow to snow! We can't wait to see what's in store for us this winter.
Extra:
Just so everyone is less confused, Jim is Phil & Phil is Jim. Jim is Jim in the boating community and with his family and long-time friends but he's Phil to me and my family and friends in NY. Though the boating community wishes he'd stick with Phil (there's too many Jim's and we haven't met one [...]

Who: Jim & Jeannine
Port: Newport, NY