Living the Dream

14 October 2012
10 October 2012
22 September 2012
10 September 2012
01 September 2012
14 August 2012
12 August 2012
06 August 2012
20 July 2012
20 July 2012
04 July 2012
17 June 2012
16 June 2012
15 June 2012
08 May 2012
24 April 2012
27 March 2012

Puerto Magdalena to Cabo San Lucas

04 December 2009
Jim woke up around 4am and said that the winds were blowing us ashore so we are up and out and going to Cabo San Lucas. Saw whales off Isla Santa Margarita, not really close just through binoculars. I'm thinking that a monocular is easier than binoculars -- I get a headache trying to see anything when there's any kind of wave action.

The gulls are such a nuisance. One was an excellent shot and nailed Jim behind the wheel! Where's George with his slingshot when you need him?

Switching out all kinds of color for fish lures, nothing working so far. Oops just lost our other Croq. Threw on my pink homemade lure and trolled some more. I was below when Jim starts yelling fish and Shit!. Before he can start to reel in, it's gone with our lure. He said he saw lots of fin, so maybe a Marlin (we were in marlin territory). Oh well, at least they like my lures!

Most of the day was calm and mild all around but of course we're 20 miles offshore when it picks up to 20+ knot winds. We just could not beat into it for hours so ended up going out with the winds and ended up 40 miles out. Jim was hugely tired but kept singing and saying hell yeah when waves were swelling and washing off our decks. What a trooper!

12/5/09

The sunrise was spectacular outside Cabo San Lucas. There are lots of fishing boats over the banks, almost like water world out here. As we enter Cabo we get to see the famous arch being overrun everywhere by tourist boats, jet skis, parasailers and such. It's a bit crazy here. A cruise ship was pulling out as we were headed in....man are those things huge!

We anchored and hailed a water taxi and headed to town for dinner and drinks. With the sun setting early as it does we were lucky to find a someone to take us back to the boat after dark. Cost us 100 pesos (under $10) but at least we didn't end up sleeping on the beach! I tried to get some tv time in on the internet and just discovered I can't watch Hulu.com from Mexico.....what am I going to do without Ghosthunters for 6 months?
Comments
Vessel Name: CharAnn
Vessel Make/Model: Newport 41s
Hailing Port: Newport, NY
Crew: Jim & Jeannine
About: We'll be spending our 2nd season cruising the Sea of Cortez. We had a great 1st full NY season from snow to snow! We can't wait to see what's in store for us this winter.
Extra:
Just so everyone is less confused, Jim is Phil & Phil is Jim. Jim is Jim in the boating community and with his family and long-time friends but he's Phil to me and my family and friends in NY. Though the boating community wishes he'd stick with Phil (there's too many Jim's and we haven't met one [...]

Who: Jim & Jeannine
Port: Newport, NY